Anti-Kirbies,(LADX) also known as Kirbies,(SSB | SSBM | SSBB | SSBfN3DS | SSBfWU | SSBU)[name references needed] are recurring characters and Enemies in The Legend of Zelda series. Anti-Kirbies go unnamed in Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch. He is the titular character of the Kirby series.
Anti-Kirbies are hostile Enemies that are encountered on the first floor of Eagle's Tower. They are described as "Kirby's evil twins" in the Nintendo Player's guide of the game. Anti-Kirbies attack by periodically attempting to inhale Link into their gaping mouths. If they manage to swallow Link, they will briefly hold him for a moment before spitting him back out and causing damage. While they do not inflict much damage, they are among the most resilient Enemies in the game, as few Items are effective against them and the Sword will merely bounce off of them. They can only be defeated with two well-placed Bombs, two hits from the Magic Rod, or four hits from the Boomerang. Unusually, Anti-Kirbies will cause more damage simply by coming into contact with one than by being swallowed.
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- In the Kirby series, when Kirby copies the Sword ability, he gains a floppy green cap and many moves similar to Link, such as the Down Thrust and firing Sword Beams when at full health. According to the booklet that comes with the game Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition, this was done as a way to "return the favor" for Kirby's guest appearance in Link's Awakening.
- Anti-Kirby's model in Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch is the same model from Kirby Star Allies, just with different textures. The Kirby Star Allies model's head shapes are left over in Link's Awakening's files.
|Names in Other Regions|
|卡比 (Kǎbǐ) (SSBU)|
|卡比 (Kǎbǐ) (SSBU)|
|Anti-Kirby (LA | LADX)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 187 (LA | LADX)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening—Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 100
- "The Kirby model in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is the same model as the one seen in Kirby Star Allies. The only difference is the texture." — @ObscureKirby on Twitter, February 26, 2022 (Archive)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 187
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Certain Victory Strategy Guide (1993), Futabasha, pg. 23