Baito can be first seen trying to apply for the Mail Center job, wandering around Dragon Roost Island after Link completes Dragon Roost Cavern. He is eventually hired at the Island Postal Service after Koboli, impressed by Link's contribution to the mail sorting, decides to hire a permanent assistant. In addition to his regular duties, Baito allows Link to sort letters as a Minigame, where he is challenged to sort at least 25 letters. If Link manages to sort 25 or more letters, Baito will ask him to put a letter in the mail to his mother talking about how great he is. Some time after sending the letter, Link will receive a reply from Baito's mother, Kashiko, with a Piece of Heart inside. Due to Link's impressive mail sorting abilities, Baito will compliment and praise him with any opportunity he gets.
Link receives a Letter from Baito after completing the Earth Temple.[verification needed] It is the last Letter Link receives. Enclosed with the letter is Baito's recent wages, a Red Rupee worth 20 Rupees. However, the letter was send C.O.D. and costs Link 10 Rupees to receive.
Yo! How ya been, man? I gotta tell ya,
you really helped me out back there at
the Mail Center. I appreciate it!
I've been trying real hard ever since then,
but my postman skills are still weak.
I just can't seem to hit 22 letters!
I doubt I'll ever be as good as you, man.
So anyway, I've been hearing all kinds of
crazy tales about you, and I figured I
just had to write you a letter.
It sounds like you're doing some pretty
amazing stuff, man! You're great!
You're awesome! You're...the man, man!
You can probably tell that I had no idea
what to write, but hey, I figured the
least I could do would be to send you
a letter of encouragement.
So... Yay, man, yay!
Go, man, go! Go! Go!
Never give up! Never lose hope!
And while I don't make much, I'm sending
you the wages I've earned lately. Just
doing my part! Hope it helps!
I'm really sorry I had to send this C.O.D.,
but I guess that's the price of fame!
Thanks again, boss! From Baito
- Baito may have learned about the Mail Center job opening from the advertisement posted in the Cafe Bar on Windfall Island. The advertisement describes a part-time position involving package sorting, matching Baito's role at the Mail Center.
Baito's name is a pun derived from the Japanese word for part-time work, アルバイト (arubaito).
|Names in Other Regions|
|バイト君 (Baito-kun) (TWW)|
|Partaim (TWW)||From "Part-time"|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Baito is very earnest when it comes to mastering a job. He often misses his mother and gets homesick, which can be quite hard on him. He wants to be like Link." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "Thank you very much for looking after my boy. This isn't much, but I hope you'll accept it all the same. I politely request your continued kindness towards my son. Kashiko (Baito's mother)" — Kashiko (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 259
- "And while I don't make much, I'm sending you the wages I've earned lately. Just doing my part! Hope it helps!" — Baito (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Postage due is 10 Rupees. Will you pay?" — Postbox (The Wind Waker)
" (Recruiting [for a] part-time job
Assorting packages and the like
Job fees are negotiable) — Cafe Bar (The Wind Waker HD)
Luogo di nascita: sconosciuto.
Sogno nel cassetto: essere Link." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
性格 マジメ" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
Charakter: sehr ernst" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- "Le Commis de la Poste
Originaire de: ???
Le Commis s'applique toujours à bien faire son travail." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
Lugar de nacimiento: ¿?
Personalidad: Serio y dedicado" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)