Location and Uses
The Bananas are the fourth item in the Trading Quest of Link's Awakening. Bananas are available at Sale's House O' Bananas on Toronbo Shores. Although Link can't purchase them, he may receive a bunch of Bananas by giving Sale his can of Dog Food, who in turn gives him the bunch as thanks.
The Bananas can then be given to Kiki, a hungry Monkey found near the moat of Kanalet Castle. He will repay Link, with the help of his Monkey brethren, by building a bridge across the water moat giving Link access to Kanalet Castle. Upon leaving, the Monkeys leave behind the Stick, the next item in the Trading Sequence.
Ocarina of Time
Breath of the Wild
Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
Bananas are used to lure down the Monkey Masaru from Trees. They cost 30 Rupees apiece, and can be bought from Shops located on Page 6, Page 7, and Page 8. However, the Shop will only sell them to Tingle while he is on Page 6.
- Kiki the Monkey makes a possible reference to the Chiquita brand of bananas, saying "Chi-kiita! Chikiita!" when spoken to.
|Names in Other Regions|
|バナナ (Banana) (LA | LADX)||Same as English.|
|Bananes (LA | LADX)||Same as English.|
|Bananen (LA)||Same as English.|
|Banane (LA | LADX)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 116 (LA)
- "I was hungry somethin' fierce so I went and got bananas at the beach... Link, if you want some, you should go and get some!" — Tarin (Link's Awakening DX)
- "MUNCH MUNCH!! ... ... ... ... That was great! I know it's not a fair trade, but here's some bananas! YUM..." — Sale (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Chi-kiita! Chikiita! Kiki the monkey! Hungry! Kiki the monkey!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening DX)
- "!! Oooh! Oooh! Give to Kiki!?" — Kiki (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You found a stick a monkey left behind... You take it!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 116
- "SCHMATZ SCHMATZ! … … RÜLPS!.. Das war gut! Es ist kein fairer Tausch, aber da hast Du ein paar Bananen! Wumps!" — Sale (Link's Awakening, German localization)