A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Bari exist in two forms: Blue Bari and Red Bari. Red Bari are stronger and split into two smaller Red Biri when damaged. They periodically pulse with Electricity and are immune to Fighter's Swords during this time.
In the Game Boy Advance version of the game, a green variation appears surrounding an orange Arrghus in the Palace of the Four Sword. They are stronger than the red and blue Bari, but like the blue ones, they do not split into Biri when defeated.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Bari can be found Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly, and in the Gerudo Training Ground in Master Quest, and will electrocute Link on contact. They hide above and drop down on him. The most efficient way of defeating a Bari is by using projectiles, such as the Boomerang, though Deku Nuts can stun them so they can be attacked with the Sword. Once defeated, it will split into a trio of Biri, which can also be defeated with the Boomerang.
Oracle of Ages
In Twilight Princess, Bari appear in the Lakebed Temple. They are found exclusively within bodies of Water. When Link approaches one, they generate an Electric field around them that acts as a shield, which lasts for a short period. When gone, Link can Clawshot the Bari to rip their nucleus right out of their bodies, defeating them instantly.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, there are four kinds of Bari: Blue Bari, Red Bari, White Bari, and Yellow Bari. Red and Yellow Bari divide into two Biri when defeated, whereas blue and White Bari do not. Yellow and White Bari can be found in the Swamp Palace.
Ancient Stone Tablets
Cadence of Hyrule
|Names in Other Regions|
|バリ (Bari) (ALttP)|
|Cnidari (ALttP | OoT3D | OoA | ALBW)||From "Cnidaria", the phylum to which Jellyfishes belong|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
|Name||Applies to||Source||Superseded by|
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 164
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 165 (ALttP | ALBW)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 164 (OoT | OoT3D | OoA | TP | TPHD)
- L'arte di una leggenda, Magazzini Salani, pg. 390
- "Cnidari" — Navi (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 164
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 25
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past—Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 127
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages—Official Strategy Guide (Pocket Guide), BradyGames, pg. 63
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages—Prima's Official Strategy Guide, Prima Games, pg. 106 (OoA)