The Barracks are a location in Breath of the Wild.
Features and Overview
The Barracks are located in the western corner of Gerudo Town. They house the Gerudo soldiers, who can be seen training within. From the Barracks, Ashai's Relationship Classroom can be accessed through a doorway at the bottom of a staircase. At the top of this staircase, Link can enter the Royal Palace of Gerudo Town.
When Link initially enters the Barracks, the soldiers are on high alert due to a recent theft of the Thunder Helm, which they refuse to discuss with outsiders. Two soldiers, Smaude and Marta, are being subjected to intense training by Babi since the thieves managed to slip past them.
While meeting with Riju, Buliara suggests that Link prove himself by recovering the stolen Thunder Helm. To this end, she allows the Gerudo soldiers in the Barracks to speak freely about the theft to Link. In the Barracks, the captain of the guard, Teake, will explain the details of the theft once Link reveals that Buliara sent him. She then commands her soldiers to offer whatever information they have to Link. Turning back to Link, she tells him to consider himself part of their unit, and he should ask the soldiers any questions he has.
When Link approaches Liana during this time, he will overhear her wondering where Barta has gone. Leena reveals that Barta went to scout out the Yiga Clan Hideout two days prior, leaving before anyone could stop her. Liana is shocked that Barta has been gone for so long without anyone informing her. Leena apologizes, recalling that Barta claimed she would be careful. Liana expresses her frustration that they have to search for both the Thunder Helm and Barta, and she is afraid of Teake punishing them if she hears about what happened. Realizing the gravity of the situation, Kotta asks what they should do. Liana yells that she is thinking about it.
After the "Divine Beast Vah Naboris" Main Quest has been completed, Link can return to the Barracks to find that Barta has disappeared again. Kotta explains that she left to investigate the Gerudo Great Skeleton, southwest of Gerudo Town. Leena claims she tried to stop her, but Liana points out that this obviously did not work. After witnessing their exchange, "The Search for Barta" Side Quest will begin.
When Link saves Barta from her exhaustion, she considers resting at the Gerudo Great Skeleton longer before she returns to the Barracks. However, when she hears how angry Liana is, she decides to leave right away. Back in the Barracks, Liana will commend Link for helping Barta, giving him a Silver Rupee as a reward.
Malena frequents the Barracks during the day, where she begs the guards for help. When spoken to, she reveals that her husband has fallen ill, and he can only be cured with Molduga Guts. She returned to Gerudo Town to ask the Gerudo soldiers for help, but they were unable to offer her any. After speaking to her, the "Medicinal Molduga" Side Quest will begin.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ "You should head over to the barracks if you want to learn more..." — Reeza (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "What are you doing here, outsider?! This is the barracks for Gerudo soldiers! We're on high alert right now. If you want to do some sightseeing, go check out the market instead!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "What are you doing in here?! This is the barracks for the chief's guards, not a place for tourists to gather. We're on high alert after the recent theft, so you should clear out." — Teake (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Can't you tell that we're on high alert right now?! And no, you can't help! Outsiders must stay out of it!" — Babi (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "You again?! How many times do I have to tell you before you get it?! Get. Out. Of. Here!" — Teake (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Those thieves sure have guts, scheming against us like that. We'd never have lost in a fair fight. But this training... It's so tough..." — Smaude (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "*pant pant* Babi's training is really tough, but... It's our fault the thieves were successful. We have no room to complain." — Marta (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Lady Riju! I don't see how you can trust a complete stranger with something as important as this task. Perhaps if this person were to first prove his worth by recovering your stolen Thunder Helm..." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Our soldiers can tell you all you need to know about the thieves who stole Lady Riju's heirloom. Head through this arch. It will lead you to the barracks. Then, seek out Captain Teake, and ask for a full report." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "What? Buliara sent you? My apologies! I'm the officer in charge of the soldiers, Captain Teake. The chief's heirloom was stolen by thieves belonging to the Yiga Clan the other day, so everyone is on edge... We've determined that the Yiga's hideout is in Karusa Valley, but... The soldiers are all exhausted, so I was just thinking about requesting some extra help..." — Teake (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Hey, everyone! Listen up! This Hylian vai has agreed to help us, so offer her any information you can!" — Teake (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Consider yourself a part of our unit! If you have any questions, my troops will be happy to help." — Teake (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Hey, I haven't seen Barta. Where's she gone off to?" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "She said she was going to scout the thieves' hideout, but then she left before we could say anything. Now that I think about it, she's been gone for two days. I wonder what happened to her..." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "You— Are you serious?! Why did you let her go by herself?! And why did you wait two days to report this?!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I'm— I apologize... She said she just wanted to check it out and would be careful, so I thought..." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Uuugghhh. As if we aren't busy enough searching for the chief's heirloom, now we have to find Barta too... If the captain hears about this fiasco, she'll punish us for sure! Probably 100 laps around Gerudo Desert...again." — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Oh... Oh, no. What should we do?" — Kotta (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I'm thinking about it!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "What happened to Barta?" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Whuh... Whah...
Barta didn't come back AGAIN?" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I'm afraid this time she went to investigate the leviathan bones in the southwest..." — Kotta (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I... I tried to stop her..." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "But obviously it didn't work because she's not here!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Hahh... Anyway, I'm absolutely beat. Maybe I'll rest just a little longer and then head home." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Hah...Anyway, I'm totally exhausted. Maybe I'll rest just a little longer then head home." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "[Your boss was MAD.] Huh? So...they knew I snuck off... ...Oh, I am in such trouble... Yep, looks like I'd better go on agead. See you later and sav'orq!" — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Oh! What a courageous vai! I heard from Barta! She said you found her! I told her you were as dependable as a Champion! If you were a Gerudo vai, I'd want you in my troop! Anyway, close one, huh? Looks like I got out of this without getting chewed out by our troop leader! You must be worn out, right? Here, take this as thanks! Buy yourself something nice in the market!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Someone..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I... I finally found the voe of my dreams, and I just recently married him... I thought I had finally found happiness... But then...my husband fell ill with a rare disease... One difficult to cure. The only thing that can save him is the innards of a Molduga..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "But I would never be able to take down such a creature myself... I asked the soldiers for help, but... They said they have serious issues to deal with! They had no time for my plight! They turned me away! But then, why wouldn't they? The Molduga is a menacing beast... None who face one escape unscathed... So perhaps it's foolish to expect anyone to stick their neck out for a stranger... I thought I'd finally gotten out of this town... Never thought I'd have to come crawling back..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)