Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Biggoron is a gigantic Goron living on Death Mountain next to the Great Fairy Fountain. He is a skilled blade maker, and creator of the Biggoron's Sword. To obtain it, Link must first complete the Trading Quest. During the Trading Quest, Link brings Biggoron the Broken Goron's Sword to fix, but finds that Biggoron is unable to because of his irritated eyes. He then sends Link to get some Eye Drops, and gives him a Prescription. Eventually Link brings back the Eye Drops which clears Biggoron's eyes. He then gives Link the Claim Check for the Biggoron's Sword, which takes three days to complete. Biggoron has a little brother, Medigoron, who is also in the Sword-making business, although the blades he produces are inferior.
In Majora's Mask, Biggoron appears as the guard of the Snowhead Temple. He goes to Snowhead to investigate why spring has not yet come, but at some point he inexplicably turned invisible and caused a blizzard that prevented entry to the temple. To enter the temple, Goron Link must play the "Goron Lullaby," putting Biggoron to sleep, thereby clearing the entrance. After defeating Goht and bringing spring to Snowhead, Biggoron can be found sitting in the gorge unaware of why he was there and what he had been doing. The reason why he became invisible and created the blizzard is unknown, but it is possible that he was under Skull Kid's influence.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, Biggoron appears atop the peak of Goron Mountain. When the Temple of Seasons sank, the climate on the mountain became colder, causing Biggoron to catch a cold. Biggoron's ailment can be cured with the Lava Soup as part of the Trading Game. In return, he gives Link the Goron Vase.
In a Linked Game of Oracle of Ages, a lone Goron on Rolling Ridge will provide Link with the Biggoron Secret. Telling the secret to Biggoron in Oracle of Seasons allows him to forge the Biggoron's Sword.
The Minish Cap
This is a legendary Goron with a body
This is a legendary Goron with a body
Biggoron appears in The Minish Cap atop the peak of Veil Falls after Link Fuses Kinstone Pieces with the rightmost Goron Digger in the Goron Cave. After defeating Vaati, Link can visit Biggoron, who offers to eat his Small Shield and transform it into the Mirror Shield.
In Phantom Hourglass, Biggoron is the name of the chief of Goron Island. Unlike past appearances, Biggoron is closer to the size of an average Goron, although he is still the biggest Goron on the island. He is the father of Gongoron, and gives Link permission to enter the Goron Temple after having tested him in a quiz.
- In Ocarina of Time, wearing the Goron Mask while speaking to King Zora reveals that Biggoron and King Zora are friends, and have known each other since childhood.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ダイゴロン (Daigoron) (OoT)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
|Name||Applies to||Source||Superseded by|
- "Your face is unknown to me...but I feel fine sharing words with you. And I will share something about our chief. He loves to play question games. Further, he asks questions that dwell upon the many details of our island life." — Goron (Phantom Hourglass)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 238, (OoT | OoT3D) 250, (OoS) 271, (TMC) & 283 (PH)
- "A masterfully crafted long sword forged by the best blacksmith in Hyrule, Biggoron, who lives on Death Mountain." — Character Select (Soulcalibur II)
- "Hylian carpenterrrrrs praise me forrrrrr my skillssssss. I'm not lyinnnnng..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "My Brotherrrr... Opened a new storrrre... It's Medigoron's Blade Storrrrrrrre... Howeverrrrr... I am betterrrrrr at making bladessssss..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "Darmani! What in the world have I been doing this whole time? I can't remember a thing since I went out to look around Snowhead to figure out why spring wasn't coming... What am I doing sitting in a place like this???" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Why am I sitting in a place like this?" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Goron Mountain has always had winter year-round, but ever since the Temple of Seasons sank, it's gotten even colder. You can catch cold just going outside." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Biggoron is up above, but he has a cold, so be quiet." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I want to forge a great sword like those the Gorons of old are known for. But I'll never be able to forge it properly without Biggoron's secret." — Biggoron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "That's it! The Goron's Great Sword is reforged! I'll call it Biggoron's Sword! You made this possible, so you get the first one!" — Biggoron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "And yes, if you should ever accomplish some major feat... Well, then you should come back and visit me again... Don’t forget." — Biggoron (The Minish Cap)
- "Little Goron! Please, goro! Let me just nibble on the corner, would you?" — Biggoron (The Minish Cap)
- "It-It seems your shield has changed shape a little as I was chewing on it..." — Biggoron (The Minish Cap)
- "A sword created by the finest Goron smithy who ever lived. It slices deep but requires immense strength to wield. Press the Strong Attack button to quickly dash into enemies." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Talk about a nostalgia trip! That reminds me of my childhood friend, Biggoron!" — King Zora (Ocarina of Time)
- "Uffa! Quel Biggoron!" — Ingo (Oracle of Seasons, Italian localization)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 238
- "Vai da Grande Goron [...] di certo lui saprà ripararla!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 244
- Encyclopedia, Magazzini Salani, pg. 271
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shogakukan, pg. 141
- Encyclopedia, TOKYOPOP, pg. 271
- Encyclopedia, Les Éditions Soleil, pg. 238
- Encyclopedia, Norma Editorial, pg. 271
- Official The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Seasons Perfect Guide, Versus Books, pg. 43 (OoA)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 105