Blade Traps,(LA) also known as Traps,(TLoZ | TMC) and Razors,(OoT) are recurring traps in The Legend of Zelda series.[name references needed]
Blade Traps are formidable, mechanized obstacles equipped with spikes or blades. They come in a variety of types and are almost always impervious to all attacks, with some staying dormant until approached and others moving in a set path. Blade Traps are common as dormant obstacles in titles such as The Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages. Upon crossing the path of a Blade Trap, whether vertical or horizontal, it will react instantly by closing in rapidly on Link. Contact with a Blade Trap damages Link; after being set off, they will slowly return to their original position.
Other Blade Traps, such as those in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, glide along a projected path. These Blade Traps move along the ground regardless of Link's presence, at a constant speed. The paths of these Traps vary; some move from one side to the next, while others move in a complete circle.
Similar enemies to Blade Traps have also appeared throughout the series. Giant versions of Blade Traps, called Big Blades, appear in A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages. They move in a set path around the room and take up large amounts of space. Other traps called Chasers appear in Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords and The Minish Cap; they are sentient bladed traps that will follow Link down narrow corridors once he is within their line of vision.
The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Appears in various areas.
Appears in various areas.
Traps appear in Dungeons in The Minish Cap. There are two variants, blue and green, with different functions. Blue Traps remain still until Link passes through their line of sight, whereupon they move quickly toward him in an straight line. They strike him, if possible, and continue to the end of their path – whether that be the opposite wall, an obstacle, or another Trap – before returning to their original position. Green Traps follow a set path, either moving back and forth from wall to wall or encircling a group of Blocks.
Blade Traps appear in Dungeons in Twilight Princess. Stone models are found in the Arbiter's Grounds, while gilded models are found in the Temple of Time; both appear as obstacles that move along Spinner rails. They also appear during the battle with the Boss of the Arbiter's Grounds, Stallord.
Blade Traps in Twilight Princess are the only kind that can be destroyed; the Dominion Rod can be used to bring a statue to life in the Temple of Time, smashing the Blade Traps with its axe.
Blade Traps appear as hazards in Skyward Sword. They can be found in Lanayru Desert on the way to the dragon Lanayru. They move back and forth, making it difficult for Link to pass through the area.
A Link Between Worlds
Ancient Stone Tablets
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 101
- ↑ Art & Artifacts, Dark Horse Books, pg. 121
- ↑ "Trap" — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time — Prima's Official Strategy Guide, Prima Games, pg. 31
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Shogakukan, pg. 35
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 38
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 134 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 31
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 134
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 39
- ↑ L'arte di una leggenda, Magazzini Salani, pg. 120
- Enemies in A Link to the Past
- Enemies in Link's Awakening
- Enemies in Link's Awakening DX
- Enemies in Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch)
- Enemies in Ocarina of Time 3D
- Enemies in Majora's Mask
- Enemies in Majora's Mask 3D
- Enemies in Oracle of Seasons
- Enemies in Oracle of Ages
- Enemies in Four Swords
- Enemies in The Wind Waker
- Enemies in The Wind Waker HD
- Enemies in Twilight Princess
- Enemies in Twilight Princess HD
- Enemies in Phantom Hourglass
- Enemies in Spirit Tracks
- Enemies in Skyward Sword
- Enemies in A Link Between Worlds
- Enemies in Zelda's Adventure
- Enemies in Ancient Stone Tablets