Boons dwell in Eastern Hyrule, often found in plains and swamp areas and on Maze Island. They buzz around erratically, carrying Rocks that they will attempt to drop onto Link. They will also crash into him when flying low enough. To defeat them, Link must use the Jump Thrust or a well timed hit with the Sword. They are not particularly strong, but they are bothersome, especially when combined with other enemies such as Tektites.
Captain N: The Game Master
Boons appear in the "Once Upon a Time Machine" episode of Captain N: The Game Master. While Link, Princess Zelda, Kevin, and Princess Lana are having a picnic in Hyrule, a swarm of giant Boons suddenly appear. Link and Kevin easily dispose of a few of them; however, the Boons prove to be a major annoyance to the heroes since one of them takes Link's Sword, another two take the picnic cake, and their presence eventually lead to Kevin's Zapper and Power Pad getting stolen by Count Gruemon.
The Wand of Gamelon
Boons also appear in The Wand of Gamelon.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
|Name||Applies to||Source||Superseded by|
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 168 (TAoL)
This giant fly persistently drop stones." (Nintendo Power no. 4, January/February 1989, pg. 22) (archive)
- "Sounds like we have some uninvited guests... Boons!" — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Once Upon a Time Machine)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 169
- Famicom Dojo of Victory 13—Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (1987), Kodansha, pg. 6
- Encyclopedia, Les Éditions Soleil, pg. 168
- NES Game Atlas Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 65