Breath of the Wild
Buliara is the Gerudo captain of the guard who accompanies Lady Riju, Chief of the Gerudo. Throughout the day, she can be found in the Royal Palace of Gerudo Town. She is known as the best spear master in Gerudo Town. Despite this, she carries a Golden Claymore.
Riju notes in her diary that Buliara was the one who informed her of her mother's passing and her new role as Chief. When Riju left Gerudo Town to investigate Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Buliara was the one who rescued her when she got too close. Since then, she has not left Riju's side, blaming herself for the theft of the Thunder Helm.
Link first meets Buliara at the start of the "Divine Beast Vah Naboris" Main Quest when he first enters the Royal Palace disguised as a woman. Buliara will stop Link when he approaches Riju on her throne and demands him to explain his business here. After Riju speaks to Link for some time, she will mention to Buliara that she recalls her mother speaking of a fallen swordsman that was placed into a deep sleep by the Princess of Hyrule when the Great Calamity happened. She also recalls that the swordsman's name was Link, hesitantly wondering if the Link before her is that same swordsman.
If Link is not carrying the legendary sword, Buliara will point out that Link is not carrying the sword from those same legends. After more conversation, Buliara suddenly notices that Link is actually a man. Riju states that it is a great crime for a man to enter Gerudo Town, but she dismisses this due to Link's status a Champion. Riju soon reasons that if Link truly is a Champion, then he may be able to enter Divine Beast Vah Naboris and calm its anger.
Buliara urges Riju not to trust a stranger with such an important task, suggesting that he prove himself worthy by recovering the stolen Thunder Helm. Riju agrees with this suggestion, and Buliara assures her that recovering the Thunder Helm should be an easy task for Link if he is truly a Champion. Buliara tells Link that Captain Teake in the Barracks nearby can tell him about the thieves who stole the Thunder Helm.
If Link speaks to Buliara again, she asks him what is wrong and says that if he is truly the Champion of legend, the task should be simple. She then reiterates that he should see Captain Teake to learn more about the thieves and comments that this is his chance to show them what he is capable of.
When Link returns with the Thunder Helm, Buliara will direct him to Riju, saying she is on the second floor. She notes the special permission he has received to be able to enter Riju's Bedroom, and she reminds him to be on his best behavior. During this time, Riju notes in the Chief's Diary how Buliara trusts in Link's abilities and does not mind that he is a man, which is a surprise to her.
After Link calms Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Buliara tells him that they are indebted to him. She also informs Link that Gerudo Town is his ally now, but she warns him that he should still hide that he is a man.
When The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack is active, Link can ask Buliara about the Sacred Orb, an Ancient Orb guarded by the Gerudo. Though she is shocked he knows about it, Buliara admits that it has been stolen by the Yiga Clan. She also shares rumors that the Yiga Clan have begun regrouping at the Yiga Clan Hideout.
Link can recreate the Scimitar of the Seven and the Daybreaker if they are broken by speaking to Buliara. She will make a new Scimitar of the Seven if Link can supply her with one Diamond, five pieces of Flint, and a Gerudo Scimitar. To make a new Daybreaker, Buliara requires one Diamond, five pieces of Flint, and a Gerudo Shield.
Tears of the Kingdom
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Buliara is one of several characters in Breath of the Wild that will hit Link back if he attacks them with a Weapon. These attacks deal no damage.
|Names in Other Regions|
|碧優拉 (Bìyōulā) (BotW | TotK)|
|碧优拉 (Bìyōulā) (BotW | TotK)|
|Beterah (BotW | TotK)|
|Beterah (BotW | TotK)|
|Bylla (BotW | TotK)|
|Biulla (BotW | TotK)|
|Adine (BotW | TotK)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Gerudo Captain of the Guard" — Game Screen (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "Buliara told me today that Mother has passed on and gone to a better place... She said that my mother's death means I am now the chief of the Gerudo people." — Chief's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "Buliara" — Game Screen (Breath of the Wild)
- "Buliara" — Game Screen (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "Everyone's riled up about the hot springs. I must speak to Buliara about this when I'm back." — Riju (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I thought I could relax at last, now that Buliara has come of age. But then something like this happens..." — Rima (Breath of the Wild)
- "When I was captain of the guard, such a failure would have been absolutely unthinkable. It's just pathetic." — Rima (Breath of the Wild)
- "Buliara is the best spear master in the whole town, of course!" — Reeza (Breath of the Wild)
- "I turned Patricia toward home, but a monster spooked her, and she fled directly toward Naboris again... The next thing I remember is Buliara standing over me, her face full of worry." — Chief's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ever since I went to investigate the Divine Beast, Buliara has made a point of never leaving my side. Even now, with such a valuable heirloom stolen by thieves, she refuses to tear herself away from me even for a moment. She takes all the blame for the theft, however. Nothing can change her mind about being responsible." — Chief's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "You stand before Lady Riju, chief of the Gerudo! Declare your business, but come no closer!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Buliara, a memory just jumped into my head—something my mother spoke of. When the Calamity happened, the princess of Hyrule placed a fallen swordsman into a deep sleep." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "That swordsman, much like our new friend here, was named Link...though it always seemed more legend than fact." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "But, Lady Riju! Do those same stories not also say that the Hylian Champion carried a legendary sword? I see no such weapon in this person's care." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "...I don't remember ever hearing of a Hylian vai among the Champions. Wait a moment... You're a voe!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "A voe within our walls is a great crime. But a voe who is a Champion..." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you truly are a Champion, perhaps you will be able to enter Naboris and calm its anger" — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lady Riju! I don't see how you can trust a complete stranger with something as important as this task." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Perhaps if this person were first to prove his worth by recovering your stolen Thunder Helm..." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, yes... An interesting suggestion." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "You needn't worry, Lady Riju. If he truly is a Champion, this should be an easy task for him." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Our soldiers can tell you all you need to know about the thieves who stole Lady Riju's heirloom. Head through this arch. It will lead you to the barracks. Then, seek our Captain Teake, and ask for a full report." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "What's wrong? If you truly are the Champion of legend, recovering the chief's heirloom should be simple." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you want to know more about the thieves, then you should speak to Captain Teake. Just head down those stairs." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Use this chance to show us what you're capable of!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you are looking for Lady Riju, she's on the second floor." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Normally people aren't allowed into her sleeping quarters, but she has given you permission it seems... Be on your best manners. If she deems you to be a disturbance to her, it will not end well for you!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "My prayers were answered! One of the Champions of old has appeared! Buliara was wary, but he has proven himself by taking our heirloom back from the thieves and calming Naboris. She now seems to trust his abilities. She even seems to not mind that he is a voe. She's so focused and serious. Always by the book. I'm surprised she's OK with him." — Chief's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "A lot happened, but... We are truly indebted to you." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you ever find yourself in trouble, you are always welcome to come here. Everyone in this town is your ally now." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "However, you still mustn't let anyone discover that you are actually a voe." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "What? How do you know about that?!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "The treasure of my people... The sacred orb that we have guarded for generations is gone. Another precious item stolen by the Yiga Clan." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Those fiends! I thought they had been wiped out, though I had heard rumors of them regrouping at their base." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Champion's arms are treasures of the Gerudo, much like the Thunder Helm. If anything happens to them, you must let me know immediately." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Scimitar of the Seven, huh? To make it, I'll need one diamond, five pieces of flint, and a Gerudo scimitar." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Daybreaker, huh? To make it, I'll need one diamond, five pieces of flint, and a Gerudo shield." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Put away your weapon!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)