Darkhammer will continuously guard his body with his massive Ball and Chain. In order to defeat him, Link can latch onto a target behind Darkhammer with the Clawshot as soon as Darkhammer starts swinging his weapon. Darkhammer will then pause to retrieve his weapon, giving Link the opportunity to attack his exposed tail. Link can also roll behind Darkhammer while he is swinging the Ball and Chain or after his attack lands. Darkhammer can be defeated in two hits with Bomb Arrows, or a single hit with the Mortal Draw.
When defeated, Darkhammer drops his Ball and Chain, which can picked up by Link.
- Darkhammer's armor resembles the suits of armor that line the halls and rooms of the Snowpeak Ruins.
- The room in which he is fought had an alternative setup as a long hallway with two Clawshot targets, a Switch, and five suits of armor. This can be found in the game's files with the ID of Room 49 for Snowpeak Ruins. The final game uses the ID of Room 51.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ハンマーナック (Hanmānakku)||Hammer Knuckle|
|German||Armoralfos||Portmanteau of "armor" and "-fos".|
|Italian||Martelfos||Portmanteau of martello (hammer) and "-fos".|
|SpanishEU||Manguálido||From Manguál (flail)|
- "Doesn't he know how dangerous that is, swinging a big metal ball around in such a small place?!" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 173 (TP | TPHD)
- GlitterBerri, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Unused Rooms - The Cutting Room Floor, The Cutting Room Floor, published March 14, 2016, retrieved June 7, 2019.