DethI consists of a large pulsating mass with a single, usually closed eye from which two dark, shadowy arms with huge spiked tips extend outwards. Using the Roc's Feather, Link can jump over the arms to avoid being hurt once they begin to swing and avoid the movement of the central body. Occasionally, the eye will open during the battle, upon which Link must strike it using the Bow or the Boomerang (or the Magic Rod in Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch). After depleting half of its health, the swinging arms speed up and start moving in an erratic pattern, with one arm moving faster than the other. 16 (10 in Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch) direct shots in the eye with the Bow or a single one with the Boomerang will defeat it (in Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch, the Boomerang can no longer defeat DethI in one hit). Once it is defeated, the Wind Fish will awaken.
- The design of Vaati's final form in Four Swords and The Minish Cap may have been inspired by DethI.
- In versions prior to Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch, DethI's musical theme was the same as the other Guardians. This was changed in Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch, where it was given its own musical theme.
|Names in Other Regions
|This table was generated using translation pages.
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
DethI from Link's Awakening DX
Link in the battle against DethI, from Link's Awakening DX
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 202 (LA | LADX)
- "This island is going to disappear... Our world is going to disappear... Our world... Our...world..." — DethI (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening—Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 112