The Wind Waker
Birthplace: The Great Sea
Birthplace: The Great Sea
Fishmen know much about the Great Sea and will give Link many tips and words of knowledge about everything. They are also great cartographers and will fill in portions of the Sea Chart for Link in exchange for All-Purpose Bait. Fishmen will also provide hints on each island's secrets. The first time Link meets a Fishman, it asserts to the King of Red Lions that its "debt is repaid," implying that they had received some sort of favor from the King of Red Lions in the past.
After obtaining the Bow, Link can play a minigame with them to help relieve their body aches. The Fishman will jump out of the water 10 times, so Link must shoot it with Arrows. The reward for this is 10 Rupees for every successful hit and 200 Rupees for a perfect score. These Arrows remain stuck in the Fishman's body after the completion of the game.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Team Power||Attack | 1600||Rank||★ NOVICE||Fighter(s)|
|Stage||Pirate Ship||Theme||"The Great Sea / Menu Select"||Squirtle|
|Rule(s)||Buoyancy Reduced||Hazard(s)||Left is Right, Right is Left|
| • You can't swim|
• Left and right controls will suddenly reverse after a little while
|Water/Freezing Resist 🠅|
|Slightly reduces damage taken from water attacks.|
- The Fishman Spirit from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was originally called "Merman" during the last direct for the game.
|Names in Other Regions|
|魚男 (Sakana Otoko) (TWW)||Fish Man|
|Scorfano parlante (TWW)||Talking redfish|
|Luis Escamas (TWW)||Luis Scales|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "If you see a fish leaping out of the water when you sail near an island, sail up to it and spread bait out on the water's surface. [...] See, the baiting process allows you to get a chart of the island, along with any info that might be of use to you." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 259 (TWW)
- "'Hoy! You there! You Kingly Red Lion guy! That's it! I've repaid my debt!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "That's a fine-looking bow you got there! Where'd you get that? If you're not in any kind of hurry, why don't you stop and play with me a bit?" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "See, I've been having some ferocious body aches that only acupuncture can cure!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I'll give you 10 arrows for that bow of yours, and I want you to aim those suckers at me when I leap out of the sea! Yeah! See if you can't peg me with 'em!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "For each arrow you nail me with, I'll give you 10 Rupees...and if you hit me all 10 times, I'll give you 200 Rupees!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I wonder how long it's been since the light in Windfall's lighthouse went dark... [...] I used to gaze at it with dear Gillian..." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct 11.1.2018 , YouTube (Video), published November 1, 2018, retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "Scorfano parlante
Luogo di nascita: mare.
Carattere: ligio al dovere." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
性格 義理堅い" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
Charakter: aufrichtig" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
Originaire de: la mer.
Caractère: sens du devoir." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- "Luis Escamas
Lugar de nacimiento: El mar
Personalidad: Nunca olvida un favor" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)