Features and Overview
Located in the mountainous region of northern Holodrum, Goron Mountain is situated between Mt. Cucco to the east and the Temple Remains to the west. The area of Goron Mountain is permanently fixed in winter (likely made to reflect the heightened altitude), and cannot be changed with the Rod of Seasons since it is one of the few regions in Holodrum not to yield Tree Stumps. With the seasons in chaos due to the sinking of the Temple of Seasons, Goron Mountain is said to become even colder, increasing the possibility of catching cold simply by standing outside on the mountain.
Despite their usual preference for warmer climates, Goron Mountain is home to all the Gorons in Holodrum. The Gorons reside inside the mountain inside tunnels that they likely dug to shelter themselves from the cold. Much to the relief of the Gorons, lava can be found inside the mountain, suggesting that the mountain is a volcano. In a secluded cave in the mountain resides a lone Goron who will upgrade Link's Ring Box.
The Gorons of Goron Mountain frequently complain about the cold and they rarely step outside the mountain. Unfortunately, Biggoron, who is unable to fit within the caves, must stay perched atop the mountain, subject to the harsh weather of the mountain. Unsurprisingly, Biggoron catches a cold which can only be cured by the Lava Soup which Link obtains in the Trading Game. Later on, Link may need to return to Biggoron atop the mountain to tell him a secret obtained in a Linked Game of Oracle of Ages in order to obtain Biggoron's Sword.
The foothills of Goron Mountain are marked by several pitfalls. The Dragon Key, which is used to stop the flow of the waterfall on Mt. Cucco in order to access the Dancing Dragon Dungeon can be found in one corner of the mountain, surrounded by rocks and pitfalls. The key can only be reached with the help of Moosh's flying abilities.
|Names in Other Regions
|ゴロン山 (Goron Yama)
Main Goron cave, ground floor
Main Goron cave, floor 1
Main Goron cave, floor 2
A cave leading to the upper reaches of the mountain
A cave in the upper area of the mountain
A small cave in the mountain, home for a lone Goron
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 251
- "Goron Mountain has always had winter year- round, but ever since the Temple of Seasons sank, it's gotten even colder. You can catch cold just going outside." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "The weather is back to normal, but I still hate the cold." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Biggoron is up above, but he has a cold, so be quiet." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I've heard there's a cure for the Goron cold. It's called Lava Soup. I'd like to try it once." — Goron (Oracle of Ages)
- "Lava Soup is so delicious! One sip of that cures any cold!" — Subrosian Chef (Oracle of Seasons)
- "My ancestor's diary says he came to Goron Mountain from Labrynna long ago." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Apparently, my ancestor was the Goron Elder." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- Official The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages Perfect Guide, Versus Books, pg. 33 (OoS)
|Regions in Oracle of Seasons
Click on an area