Joloo Nah Shrine
Entrance to the Shrine
The Joloo Nah Shrine is located on Mount Nabooru in the Gerudo Highlands, but it is initially buried beneath the ground. Link must complete the "Test of Will" Shrine Quest in order to gain access to the Ancient Shrine.
On Mount Nabooru, Link will encounter the Goron Blood Brothers, who have come to their ancestral training ground to prepare for the Scorching Climate of Goron City. They invite him to join their contest of endurance. The contest begins when Link steps into the ring with the Goron Blood Brothers. If Link leaves the ring or passes out, he will lose the contest.
After overcoming the first round of the contest, Link will be allowed access to a contest of ultimate endurance. An Ancient Shrine is said to appear once this contest is passed. If Link is able to survive this test, Joloo Nah Shrine will emerge from the ground nearby.
The Joloo Nah Shrine features three primary chambers in which Link must utilize Motion Control Puzzles. In the first chamber is a cube suspended in the center of the room, which has Switches on all sides. On the ceiling is an Electricity generator. Using the Motion Control Puzzle, Link must tilt the cube so that all of its Switches are activated by the Electricity. When this is done, the portcullis in the back of the room will open.
The second Motion Control Puzzle is capable of spinning a cube that blows Wind from four sides. Link can find a Treasure Chest containing a Golden Claymore in this room by using the Wind to help him glide to the platform it sits on. Link must move the cube so the Wind activates the four Wind Switches in the room. Two of the fans are too low for the Wind to reach, but they can be raised by pressing the nearby Floor Switches. One can be kept activated by placing the big metal cube in the room on one with Magnesis Rune, but the other must have Stasis used on it while Link is standing on it. Once again, the portcullis in the back of the room will open, and Link must hurry to the next room before Stasis runs out.
The third and final chamber consists of a cube with stationary Torches on each of its sides. Two Water spouts are capable of extinguishing their Fire. Dangling from the ceiling is a lantern, which is capable of lighting the Torches. Using the Motion Control Puzzle, Link must light all of the Torches on the cube while avoiding the Water spouts. Once this is done, the portcullis leading to the Monk's Pedestal will open. Link can use Magnesis to grab the lantern and burn the leaves on the wall above it, causing a Treasure Chest containing a Gerudo Spear to fall down.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Santuario de Yunish||Yunish Shrine|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Joloo Nah Shrine
Joloo Nah Apparatus" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "We're Gorons, but we can't really stand this extreme heat either... That's why we came here to train! After this, we'll be able to handle the extra heat in Goron City, no problem." — Kabetta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, I have an idea!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
"Come join us!" — Heehl (Breath of the Wild)
"Yeah! Come try the contest of endurance yourself...brother!" — Kabetta (Breath of the Wild)
- "When you're ready, step up onto this platform! Then the contest of endurance will commence!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "If ya leave the ring or pass out, it's all over! You lose! Got it? OK... Now prepare yourself for the... CONTEST OF ENDURANCE!! GOOOOOO!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "In fact, I'm grantin' you the highest honor—the chance to participate in the contest of ULTIMATE endurance!" — Heehl (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's said that passin' this test will reveal a shrine...or some such! If ya think you're ready, climb into the ring. Do that, and our special contest of ultimate endurnace will begin." — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "Whoa! That's a shrine...or some such! It really appeared, just like that! So the legend is true, brother!!" — Kabetta (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Joloo Nah. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Joloo Nah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero... In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Joloo Nah (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Joloo Nah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Santuario de Yunish" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Het Joloo Nah-apparaat" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Tempel van Joloo Nah" — Map (Breath of the Wild)