Kee Dafunia Shrine
Entrance to the Shrine
Link will find Muzu and Tottika on the shore of the mainland nearby. They have been tasked to watch the area by Sidon, since the signs of Mipha's trial from one hundred years ago have returned. Muzu will share with Link some of Mipha's notes. which provide a hint for revealing the Ancient Shrine. Though he is unsure of their origin, Mipha repeated these words often.
At sunrise, a Glowing Ring will appear in the water between Ankel Island and Tingel Island. Link must pass through the Ring while the sun's reflection touches it, otherwise it will disappear. Doing so will cause Kee Dafunia Shrine to rise from the sea. When Link enters the Ancient Shrine, he will be greeted by its Monk, Kee Dafunia, who will introduce the trial.
Immediately at the entrance to Kee Dafunia Shrine is a lit, stationary Torch with a Torch Item leaning against it. The path forward is covered in Water, but a series of Ice blocks create a path. However, the platform past the Water is blocked by two pieces of Ice, which can be melted using a Torch lit by Fire.
After passing the two blocks of Ice, Link will find several more blocks of Ice stacked on top of a raised platform. In the center of this platform is a pillar, which connects further into the Ancient Shrine. Standing on the nearby Floor Switches will cause Tilted Platforms to push forward new blocks of Ice. Another lit Torch can also be found behind this platform. By melting pieces of Ice, Link will be able to create a staircase to the top of the pillar.
On top of this pillar is a final block of Ice, which is too big for Link to pick up or push. Past this is a pool of shallow Water, above which stands the Monk's Pedestal. By melting this piece of Ice to a certain point, Link will be able to bring it to the far end of the pool. Through use of the Ice and the Cryonis Rune, Link will be able to Climb up to Kee Dafunia.
Upon reaching Kee Dafunia, the Monk will commend Link for completing the Ancient Shrine. As a reward, they give Link Ruta's Emblem. They tell Link that collecting all three Emblems will lead to a new challenge. Kee Dafunia then reveals how many are left to collect. If this was the last Ancient Shrine Link had to visit during "EX Champion Mipha's Song," Kee Dafunia will tell Link to return to Divine Beast Vah Ruta.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Kee Dafunia Shrine
The Melting Point" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "We are here at the behest of Prince Sidon, who tasked us with keeping watch on this area. This is the land where Princess Mipha completed her sacred trial. Now, the signs that appeared 100 years ago have returned..." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Princess Mipha's notes had this phrase... "While the morning sun is newly born, follow the path of light to the trial."" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am not sure where they came from, but she often repeated those mysterious words about the trial..." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "♪Reaching skyward from waters blue.
Ruta's Champion a heart true.♪
♪The hero's power shall grow.
Seek trials monuments show.♪
♪One, find what the light's path shows.
Two, conquer ancient foes.♪
♪Three, chase rings of the waterfall.
Champion, the trials call!♪" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Kee Dafunia. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)
- "In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this gift... Ruta's Emblem." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Collect three emblems to open the path to a new challenge." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Two remain..." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)
- "One remains..." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that you have collected three emblems, you must go to Divine Beast Vah Ruta..." — Kee Dafunia (Breath of the Wild)