Green Potions,(OoT | MM | TWW) also known as Medicines of Magic or Magic Medecines,(ALttP) are recurring Potions in the The Legend of Zelda series. Green Potions are used to replenish Link's Magic Meter. When consumed, they completely fill the Magic Meter regardless of how much Magic is needed. They are generally less expensive than the Red and Blue Potions.
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
Medicines of Magic can be bought at the Potion Shop in northeastern Hyrule for 60 Rupees in A Link to the Past. These Potions can also be acquired for free by throwing a Bottle into the Mysterious Pond of the Waterfall of Wishing. By answering the Great Fairy's question honestly, she will reward Link by filling the Bottle with Medicine of Magic.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Green Potions can be bought along with Red Potions and various other Bottle items at the Medicine Shop, which is found in Hyrule Castle Town when Link is a child and in Kakariko Village when Link is an adult. They cost 30 Rupees. They can also be bought from Business Scrubs in various Secret Grottos around Hyrule, along with Red Potions, for 40 Rupees each.
In Majora's Mask, Green Potions can be bought at the Trading Post in West Clock Town, and from Kotake at the Magic Hags' Potion Shop in the Southern Swamp. They cost 30 Rupees at the Trading Post, but only 10 at the Magic Hags' Potion Shop. They can also be bought from a Business Scrub in Zora Hall for 40 Rupees, but only while Link is in Zora form.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Green Potions can be bought for 10 Rupees at the Chu Jelly Juice Shop on Windfall Island, but are not available at first. Link must first supply Doc Bandam with 15 Green Chu Jellies. Afterward, Link can get a free Green Potion if he brings Doc Bandam five more Green Chu Jellies.
Although Green Potions does not appear in Twilight Princess, a Green Chu Jelly can be obtained from Green Chus in the Wii and HD versions. It has no effect when drunk. Green Chus only appear when a Blue and Yellow Chu merge in the Wii and HD versions of the game (they create a Purple Chu in the GameCube version), which can only occur in the Cave of Ordeals.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Grünes Elixier (HWDE)||Green Elixir|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 126 (ALttP | OoT | MM | TWW)
- ↑ "MAGIC MEDECINE" — Sub Screen (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "Hello there. Did you drop this? I like an honest person. I will give you something better in return." — Great Fairy (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "I'm selling Green Potions, but I'm focusing my marketing efforts on Zoras." — Business Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Sorry, but if you're not a Zora, I can't do business with you. It's a regulation of the Business Scrub Association." — Business Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Thanks for stopping by! I'm doing business with a focus on Zoras. That makes you a potential customer. [...] I'll sell you a Green Potion for 40 Rupees!" — Business Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Gasp! Is that...? Could it possibly be?!? Did you, by chance, bring me Chu Jelly?!? It's quite clever of you to be bringing such quality ingredients to me!" — Doc Bandam (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "For every five glops of Chu Jelly you bring me, I'll give you one free potion. Come back after you collect more of that wonderful, gooey, potion-making stuff!" — Doc Bandam (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 126
- ↑ "Pozione magica - 30 rupie" — Medicine Shop (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- ↑ "Pozione Magica" — Credits (A Link to the Past, Italian localization)
- ↑ A Link to the Past manual, pg. 33
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 28
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shogakukan, pg. 152
- ↑ "Grünes Elixier" — Bazaar (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- Magic Restoring Items
- Items in Ocarina of Time
- Items in Ocarina of Time 3D
- Items in Majora's Mask
- Items in Majora's Mask 3D
- Items in The Wind Waker
- Items in The Wind Waker HD
- Items in Ancient Stone Tablets
- Items in Hyrule Warriors
- Items in Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Items in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition