Mezza Lo Shrine
The Mezza Lo Shrine, designated by the Trial name Ancient Trifecta, is an Ancient Shrine in Breath of the Wild.
Entrance to the Shrine
Mezza Lo Shrine is initially buried beneath the ground of Rabia Plain. When Link first arrives in the area, he will find Kass, who will share that he knows an "Ancient Song" pertaining to their location. The song describes mounting a beast with a bone crown atop its throne in order to reveal an Ancient Shrine. Kass believes that "the lush green" refers to the plain, but he is unsure what animal wears a "crown of bone". Listening to him initiates "The Crowned Beast" Shrine Quest.
To complete the Shrine Quest, Link must ride a Mountain Buck, which can be found at the pond nearby, onto the Pedestal. Mounting these Deer requires a high level of Stealth, as they will run away if they spot Link nearby. Once this is done, the Ancient Shrine will emerge from the ground.
As Link enters the Mezza Lo Shrine, he is greeted by its Monk, Mezza Lo, who introduces the Trial.
Mezza Lo Shrine is comprised of one large room. The Monk's Pedestal can be seen at a distance, though it is higher up than Link and blocked by a portcullis. To the right of the entrance is a Crystal located up a ramp. When the Crystal is struck, the pillar in the center of the room rotates clockwise through four positions. Past this ramp is a metal box, which is blocking a laser that would otherwise strike the Crystal.
Link must first move the pillar so that it located at the end of the ramp. A Remote Bomb must also be left beside the Crystal. Then, after using the Stasis Rune on the laser, Link can move the metal box with Magnesis while standing on the pillar. When Stasis wears off, the laser will strike the Crystal, moving both the pillar and Link to its next position. While here, Link can find a metal Treasure Chest containing a Thunderblade.
While in this position, Link must use Magnesis on the Treasure Chest to move it to the pillar's next position. Alternatively, he can do the same thing to the metal box. He must then shoot the Crystal with an Arrow, moving the pillar to this position. Here, he can place the Treasure Chest or metal box on a Floor Switch, which will open the portcullis blocking the Monk's Pedestal.
By detonating the Remote Bomb, the pillar will move Link to its final position. From here, Link will be able to approach Mezza Lo. The Monk commends Link for overcoming the Trial, giving him a Spirit Orb as a reward. Mezza Lo then wishes Link well before fading away.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Santuario de Mezza Lo||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Mezza Lo Shrine
Ancient Trifecta" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I know a song about this place. Would you like to hear the ancient verse passed down in this region?" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "A beast that wears a crown of bone,
Prancing through the lush green.
Mount the beast upon its throne,
For only then the shrine is seen." — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "I suppose "the lush green" could refer to this place. But what sort of beast wears a "crown of bone"?" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "The beast wearing a crown of bone was a mountain buck.
As the song instructed, being atop a mountain buck while it stood on the pedestal caused the shrine to appear." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Mezza Lo. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Mezza Lo (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Mezza Lo (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Mezza Lo (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Santuario de Mezza Lo" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Drie wijsheden" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Tempel van Mezza Lo" — Map (Breath of the Wild)