Rauru Settlement Ruins
Features and Overview
Breath of the Wild
The Rauru Settlement Ruins are a small collection of broken and dilapidated Ruined Houses located along the southern edge of Rauru Hillside in the Great Hyrule Forest. There is a small, unnamed Bottomless Bog that marks the western border of the Ruins. At their eastern exit, there is an abandoned Wagon that can be searched for Gems.
Prior to the second Great Calamity, Rauru Settlement was growing in numbers, with a population mainly consisting of Hylians. However, an influx of Monsters in the area drove out its citizens, leaving it abandoned. Due to its proximity to Hyrule Castle, the Settlement was completely destroyed by Guardians. The Ruins were further desecrated by a landslide sometime later.
The Rauru Settlement Ruins are one of the locations where Mina and Mils hunt for treasure. Their goal is to locate the treasure left behind when the Settlement's original inhabitants fled. When Link encounters them, they will be fighting off a pair of Blue Bokoblins. If Link saves them, they will give him Food, Materials, or Rupees as a reward.
One Treasure Chest can be found in the Rauru Settlement Ruins. It is made of metal, and it is embedded in the ground in one of the Ruined Houses. Using the Magnesis Rune, Link can pull the Chest from the ground and open it to receive a Thunderstorm Rod.
Tears of the Kingdom
- In Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which takes place 100 years before Breath of the Wild, the location of the Hylian Blacksmith Guild corresponds to the Rauru Settlement Ruins' location on the world Map.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ラウル集落跡 (Rauru Shūraku Ato)||Rauru Village Ruins|
|Ruïne van Rauru||Ruin of Rauru|
|Asentamiento Rauru||Rauru Settlement|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Rauru Settlement Ruins" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Rauru Settlement Ruins" — Map (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "This was once an up-and-coming place with lots of folks moving here. But then the monsters drove everyone out." — Mina (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 392
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 393
- "That's where we come in. We're treasure hunters, searching for a one-in-a-million payday." — Mina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Which means there's plenty of treasure to be had! That's where we come in." — Mina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Have at you!" — Mina (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'll take you down!" — Mils (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hah! If you think I was in the slightest danger, you need to have your eyes checked. But I like your style. Here y'go." — Mina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Where would I be now if you hadn't come along? Nowhere good, that's for sure. You should have this." — Mils (Breath of the Wild)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild—The Complete Official Guide, Piggyback Interactive Limited, pg. 351
- "Asentamiento Rauru" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ruïne van Rauru" — Map (Breath of the Wild)