The Magic Mirror is an Item in A Link to the Past.[note 1]
Location and Uses
The Magic Mirror is given to Link after helping the Lost Old Man find his way to the safe house in Death Mountain. It is used to travel from the Dark World back to the Light World. When returned to the Light World, Link can go back to the Dark World by touching the sparkling spot that appears where he returned to the Light World. This spot can also be located by using the map. The Magic Mirror is essential when getting to the Tower of Hera. If Link would end up in a location in the Light World where he cannot stand, such as inside the wall, the mirror will automatically send him back to the Dark World.
Link can also use the Magic Mirror to warp back to the entrance of any dungeon if used while inside of it.
|Names in Other Regions|
|マジカルミラー (Majikaru Mirā)||Magical Mirror|
|Specchio Magico||Magic Mirror|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ The Magic Mirror was referred to as the Magical Mirror in the manual for A Link to the Past. However, as this contradicts the name given in-game, it is not considered Canon.
- ↑ Art & Artifacts, Dark Horse Books, pg. 393
- ↑ A Link to the Past manual, pg. 39
- ↑ "If you wander into a magical transporter, gaze into this mirror" — Lost Old Man (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "In the dungeons, you can gaze into the Magic Mirror to return to the entrance at any time. Do not forget this!" — Sahasrahla (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "Ti ha donato lo Specchio Magico!" — N/A (A Link to the Past, Italian localization)
- ↑ A Link to the Past manual, pg. 44 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 27 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 15