The Red Mail,(ALttP | LANS | ALBW) also known as the Red Clothes,(LADX) is a recurring Item in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
The Red Mail is the third and best armor Link can wear in A Link to the Past. It is found in Ganon's Tower in the Dark World. When this tunic is worn, it reduces damage taken by half over the Blue Mail. Additionally, it turns Link's cap purple.
Link's Awakening DX
In Link's Awakening DX, the Red Clothes double the damage of Link's Sword attacks and sends enemies flying when he hits them, acting like a permanent Piece of Power, except that his walking speed remains the same. They are accessible only after completing the special Color Dungeon hidden in the Graveyard, where the Fairy Queen will allow Link to choose between the Blue or Red Clothes. Once he selects one of the special tunics, he can switch to the other by speaking to the Fairy Queen again.
A Link Between Worlds
The Red Mail in A Link Between Worlds is typically found in a Big Chest hidden on the fourth floor of Lorule Castle. By extinguishing the torches in the area, an invisible platform leading to the chest will be illuminated. If Link has not yet obtained the Blue Mail, it will instead be in this chest; the Red Mail can then be found in the Swamp Palace. Wearing the Red Mail will reduce the damage Link takes by a further half over the Blue Mail's defense.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Tunique rouge (ALBW)|
|Tunique rouge (ALBW)|
|Rotes Gewand (LANS | ALBW)||Red Garb|
|빨간 옷 (Ppalgan Os) (ALBW)||Red Clothes|
|Sayo rojo (ALBW)|
|Ropas rojas (ALBW)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
The Red Clothes Subscreen icon in Link's Awakening DX
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 135(ALttP | LADX | ALBW)
- ↑ "Powerful red mail" — N/A (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- ↑ "You found the Red Mail! This provides even better protection than the Blue Mail!" — N/A (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "You got the red mail! Damage from enemies has been halved again!" — N/A (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Tunica rossa
Misteriosa tunica di tessuto magico. Riduce ulteriormente il danno inflitto dai nemici." — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 135
- ↑ "Hai ottenuto la Corazza Rossa!" — N/A (A Link to the Past, Italian localization)
- ↑ "赤い服
さらに軽減してくれる" — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 22 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 17
- ↑ "Rotes Gewand
Aus Geistergarn gewoben. Verringert von Feinden erlittenen Schaden noch weiter." — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "빨간 옷
성스러운 실로 짠 신비한 옷
적으로부터 받는 대미지를
더욱 경감시켜 준다" — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Sayo rojo
Ropa mística tejida con hilo fantasmal. ¡Reduce el daño recibido aún más!" — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "Tunique rouge
Tissée avec un fil aux propriétés mystiques. Réduit encore les dommages reçus." — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Ropas rojas
Ropas místicas tejidas con hilo fantasmal. ¡Reducen aún más el daño recibido!" — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)