- Not to be confused with Bob-omb.
Bombites are enemies in Link's Awakening.[note 1] They are sentient Bomb-like enemies that explode as their sole method of attack. They may be partially based on the Bob-omb enemies of the Mario series, considering the recurring Mario series enemies in Link's Awakening.
Bombites are exclusively found in the Key Cavern. They come in two variations, as indicated by their coloration in Link's Awakening DX. Red Bombites are the most common of the two. These Bombites can be found in small groups, typically in enclosed or tight spaces. They move slowly, but when they are struck with the Sword, they ignite their fuse and run about in a frenzy while bouncing off walls before eventually exploding. When they are about to explode, they will begin to flash. They can be difficult to avoid, especially in narrow areas, and thus can be dangerous enemies. The Shield can be used to block them from running into Link, however, it will not protect him from their eventual explosion.
Green Bombites only appear in one room of the Key Cavern in a group of three. These Bombites behave differently as when they are struck, they will grin and closely follow Link. They will eventually self-detonate, as indicated by their countdown on their bodies, and attempt to catch Link in the resulting blast.
Both types of Bombites can be prevented from respawning by defeating them with bombs.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Bombite (LA | LADX)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ Bombites were also referred to as Buzz Bombs in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America. However, because it contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, this term is not considered Canon.
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 168
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 44
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 168