The Wind Waker
Ankle resides at the top of Tingle Tower in The Wind Waker. Ankle considers his twin brother Knuckle to be lazy and good-for-nothing, and was taught how to decipher Maps by his older brother, Tingle. He helps David Jr. to spin Tingle Tower. He initially mistakes Link for Tingle, saying that he was very worried about him. The only time he feels he can truly be himself is when he's tending to the flower garden on Tingle Island. His favorite proverb is
One may as well hang for a stolen sheep as for a stolen lamb. Unlike Tingle, he wears pink and the mole on his face is above his mouth rather than below it. In addition, the rosy patches on his cheeks are completely filled in.
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Ankle appears in The Minish Cap on a ledge in Lon Lon Ranch after speaking with Tingle, where he offers to Fuse Kinstone Pieces with Link. When Link successfully Fuses Kinstone Pieces with him, the northeastern Tree in the group of four Trees in North Hyrule Field will open, leading to a room with a Switch connected to a Torch and a Chest containing a red Kinstone Piece. If Link Fuses Kinstone Pieces with all four of the Tingle Siblings?, the final Switch will cause a Ladder to descend, allowing Link to open a Chest containing the Magical Boomerang.
Ankle worries about Knuckle and his whereabouts. When spoken to afterwards, Ankle will tell Link how many Kinstone Pieces he has left to Fuse. He, along with the rest of his brothers, believes that Fusing Kinstone Pieces will help him meet Fairies.
|Names in Other Regions|
|アンクル (Ankuru) (TWW)||Ankle|
|Dingle (TWW | TWWHD)|
|Jingle (TWW | TMC)|
|Dingle (TWW | TMC)||The name "Tingle" but with a diffrent initial|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker — Prima's Official Strategy Guide, Prima Games, pg. 23
- "Birthplace: Unknown
Knuckle is another of Tingle's younger brothers-he happens to be Ankle's twin. He finished carving Tingle Tower when he was ten years old. The head is his studio. Supposedly, it used to bother him that this collection was considered complete, even without his figurine." — Figurine (The Wind Waker HD)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 259 (TWW), 270 (TMC)
- "Big Brother! I was worried about you! Huh?!? You are not my brother! My brother said he was going to Windfall Island, but it has been so long...and still he does not come back!" — Ankle (The Wind Waker)
- "Birthplace: Unknown
Favorite Proverb: "One may as well hang for a stolen sheep as for a stolen lamb."
Since being taught how to decipher maps by his older brother Tingle, Ankle has been supporting his good-for-nothing twin brother Knuckle.
The only time he feels he can truly be himself is when he's tending to the Tingle Island flower garden." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh, Mr. Fairy. Hello. My brother Tingle is always telling us about you. He says he owes a lot to you fairies, and I know he'd want me to thank you. In fact, he gave me some Kinstone pieces that you might want to fuse! What do you say? Want to try it?" — Ankle (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? I hope you've got one that fits!" — Ankle (The Minish Cap)
- "Have you seen Knuckle? He's my twin brother, and he's dressed all in blue. I don't know where he is!" — Ankle (The Minish Cap)
- "How many Kinstones do you have left to fuse? Let's see... XX Kinstones? You've only just begun your quest for happiness, Mr. Fairy!" — Ankle (The Minish Cap)
- "They believe fusing Kinstones will help them meet fairies, so they are recording Kinstone data on their maps." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
Luogo di nascita: sconosciuto.
Proverbio preferito: perso per perso, tanto vale andare fino in fondo." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia, Magazzini Salani, pg. 270
好きな言葉 毒をくらわば皿まで" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
Lieblingsspruch: Wenn schon, denn schon!" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia, TOKYOPOP, pg. 270
Originaire de: ???
Dicton favori: Il faut boire le calice jusqu'à la lie." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia, Les Éditions Soleil, pg. 259
- Encyclopedia, Norma Editorial, pg. 270
Lugar de nacimiento: ¿?
Refrán favorito: "Sarna con gusto no pica"" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)