The Blacksmith's Wife is the wife of the Blacksmith and the mother of Gulley. She is upbeat and kindhearted, offering to make Link breakfast after her husband had scolded him for being late to work. After Yuga traps Osfala in a Painting, Gulley goes missing. She and her husband grow increasingly concerned over his disappearance, until Link rescues him from the Dark Palace. In her relief, she plans on making Gulley's favorite dessert to celebrate his return.
After Hilda rescues Link from Yuga, the princess leaves him in the middle of a road near the Lorulean Blacksmith's shop. The Lorulean Blacksmith's Wife brings him back to her home to save him from the dangers in Lorule. Once she sees that the young hero is in good health, she kicks him out of her home, disgusted that she committed nice acts. Humorously, she mentions that Link was mumbling the name Gulley, her Hyrulean counterpart's son, but she dismisses it as an unacceptable name. After her husband sees the Master Sword Lv2, she becomes confused by his change of mood and asks if Link was the cause of the vicissitude. However, once Link obtains the materials for her husband to forge him the Master Sword Lv3, her passion for her husband is reignited at seeing his own returned vitality.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Frau des Schmieds|
|Moglie del fabbro||Same as English|
|Esposa del herrero|
|Esposa del herrero|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Art & Artifacts, Dark Horse Books, pg. 356 (ALBW)
- "Did you even have breakfast yet? Soon as you come back, I’ll make sure you eat before work!" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Gulley! Where are you?! My son's got to be all right. He's just GOT to be, Link!" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I'm still so terribly worried about my little Gulley, Link! Wh-what did you say? Oh... That's good...! I'm so relieved...! But he can't come back yet? Well, that's all right. So long as he's fine. I can't let him see me like this, that I almost lost all--! But of course I knew he'd come back. I'll make his favorite dessert. I'll have something so yummy waiting for him that he'll know everything's OK!" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Next time you see him, let my boy know I'll have his favorite dessert waiting for him when he comes home!" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "How does this kid expect to survive two seconds in Lorule if he's—? Well, well, well...Lookit this! Oh, I'm sorry. Did I wake you? How was your nap?! Don't even know why I brought you back. Shoulda just left you there passed out in the middle of the road...Now that you're awake and I see you're OK, you can see yourself to the door. Go on now. Scoot!" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Whaddaya want this time?! Here I am, taking all this time just to help folks out...Since when did I get so...nice?! The nerve...Passing out right in the middle of the road and then mumbling that name... What was it? Gulley? Whoever heard of such a name? Even if I had kids, I would never name one Gully! Now go on! Scoot!" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "What is this sudden mood change? He's really worked up! You wouldn't know anything about this, would you?" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Moglie del fabbro" — N/A (A Link Between Worlds, Italian localization)