The Magical Boomerang,(TLoZ | ALttP | OoS | OoA | TMC)[note 1] also known as the Magic Boomerang,(CoH) is a recurring Item in The Legend of Zelda series. It is an upgrade to the Boomerang.
Location and Uses
The Legend of Zelda
In The Legend of Zelda, Link can acquire the Magical Boomerang as a replacement of the Boomerang. The Magical Boomerang is blue and can be thrown further than the Boomerang. To obtain it in the First Quest, he must defeat all of the blue Goriyas within a certain room in Level 2. In the Second Quest, he must defeat all of the red Goriyas within a room in Level 3. Like the Boomerang, Link can use the Magical Boomerang to stun certain enemies for a brief period of time. He can also use it to instantly to defeat Keese and Gels. Once Link obtains the Magical Boomerang, the appearance of the Boomerangs that Goriyas use will change to match it. If Link obtains the Boomerang after the Magical Boomerang, nothing will change and he will continue to have the Magical Boomerang in his inventory.
A Link to the Past
A Magical Boomerang can be obtained in A Link to the Past by either upgrading the Boomerang at the Waterfall of Wishing or in the Village of Outcasts. The Magical Boomerang is red, faster than the Boomerang and can be thrown farther. To obtain it, Link can toss his Boomerang into the Mysterious Pond, when a Great Fairy will emerge from the Pond and ask him if he dropped the Boomerang. If Link says yes, then she will reward him with a Magical Boomerang for being honest. Link can also get a Magical Boomerang from a Treasure Chest in the Village of Outcasts if he has not yet obtained a Boomerang.
Oracle of Seasons
The Magical Boomerang can be obtained as an upgrade to the Boomerang in Oracle of Seasons. It is the main item of the sixth Dungeon, the Ancient Ruins. It is blue and much larger and powerful than the regular Boomerang, as it can destroy certain enemies that the regular Boomerang can not. Link can control the Magical Boomerang's flight path. It can also cut through grass and certain bushes and can remove Rock Mushrooms when ripened in Autumn.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, the Magical Boomerang can be obtained by Fusing Kinstones with the Tingle Siblings?, which will reveal a hidden Chest underground. The Magical Boomerang has a longer range, can change direction mid-flight, and will defeat enemies that the regular Boomerang only stuns.
In Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, the Magical Boomerang appears as Zant's 8-Bit Weapon for the Scimitars.
Cadence of Hyrule
The Magic Boomerang can be obtained from a Treasure Chest in Cadence of Hyrule as an upgrade to the old Boomerang, enabling the user to stun larger foes and inflict damage on smaller ones.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Magische boemerang (TLoZ)||Magical boomerang|
|Boomerang magique (TLoZ)||Magical boomerang|
|Boomerang Magico (TLoZ | ALttP)||Magic Boomerang|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ The Magical Boomerang was referred to as the Magic Boomerang in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo Power. However, as this contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 130 (TLoZ | ALttP | OoS | OoA | TMC)
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 51
- ↑ "You got a magic boomerang! Assign it to , , , or on the inventory screen." — N/A (Cadence of Hyrule)
- ↑ "The magical boomerang flies further than the wooden boomerang." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 24)
- ↑ "He can also stop most of the enemy in their tracks if he throws the boomerang on target." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 24)
- ↑ "Link can use these to inflict damage on weak enemies." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 24)
- ↑ "You got the Magical Boomerang! You can throw this faster and farther than your old one!" — N/A (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "Hello there. Did you drop this?" — Great Fairy (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "I like an honest person. I will give you something better in return." — Great Fairy (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "Press while holding the button to control its flight path!" — N/A (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "It's designed so you can change its direction after you throw it!" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ "An upgrade on your old boomerang, this boomerang can stun larger enemies and destroy some weaker ones." — N/A (Cadence of Hyrule)
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 13
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 23
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 24
- ↑ Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 130
- ↑ "Hai ottenuto il Boomerang Magico!" — N/A (A Link to the Past, Italian localization)