The Bear Minimum is an item in Tri Force Heroes.
Location and Uses
The Bear Minimum is the default Outfit worn by Link at the beginning of his adventure. It consists of white, high-waisted pantaloons and a yellow sweatshirt featuring a bear's face, owing to its name, which is a play on the phrase "bare minimum".
Wearing the Bear Minimum causes Link to take double damage from Enemies and Traps, and the Links' combined Heart Containers will be reduced by one. Following the Version 2.1.0 update, the Bear Minimum can be upgraded by collecting 30 Hero Points. In this form, referred to by the Stylish Woman as "Bear Maximum", the Outfit gains a small crown above the bear design, features a visible sparkling effect, increases the Links' Heart Containers by two, and allows the Links to automatically dodge most hits, though they still suffer double damage when dodging fails.
Upon arriving in Hytopia Castle Town, Link is met by Madame Couture's Apprentice, who laments the hero's poor sense of fashion and recommends trying a new Outfit from Madame Couture's. If Link proceeds to Hytopia Castle still wearing the Bear Minimum, he will again be encouraged by Sir Combsly to buy a more protective Outfit and given the necessary Materials to craft the Hero's Tunic.
Any Links who join the game through Download Play will be unable to obtain or wear the Bear Minimum, instead appearing with the Hero's Tunic as their default Outfit.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Bear Minimum Digs|
|アレな服 (Are na Fuku)||Those Clothes|
|Tenue basique||Basic outfit|
|Tenue basique||Basic outfit|
|평범한 옷 (Pyeongbeomhan Os)||Plain Clothes|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 116
- ↑ "Lose a Heart Container and take double damage. But if a true hero wears it..." — Pick an Outfit (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Oh my, little blueberry! You went from bear minimum to bear MAXIMUM! Good show! ♥" — Stylish Woman (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Speaking of fashion curses... May I speak plainly?
It's your outfit. It's a bit... Well... You know what I'm getting at, right?
Riiight. It's very, erm...different. Yeah. Different." — Madame Couture's Apprentice (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Say, why not try on something new? You know, just for kicks!
You should stop by Madame Couture's. You can't miss it!" — Madame Couture's Apprentice (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Hold, [Link]! The Drablands are too dangerous to visit without proper equipment.
I strongly advise you to change into the Hero's Tunic. My conscience demands it..." — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Here are the necessary materials. Take them to Madame Couture at once, and she'll make you the outfit!" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Tuta minimalista" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "アレな服" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Tenue basique" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Sayo corriente" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Alltagsgewand" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "평범한 옷" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Bear Minimum Digs" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- ↑ "Ropas normales" — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)