Prelude of Light
Learning Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
The "Prelude of Light" is one of the six Warping songs Link learns as an adult in Ocarina of Time. Using the Ocarina of Time, it transports Link to the Triforce Warp inside the Temple of Time. After the hero completes the Forest Temple, Link can return to the Temple of Time to learn this song from Sheik.
In Twilight Princess, Wolf Link can summon the Golden Wolf by howling the "Prelude of Light" at the Howling Stone near the entrance to the Sacred Grove. After howling here, Link will be taught the Helm Splitter by the Ancient Hero.
The "Prelude of Light" is 8 bars long in 4/4 time, and in the key of D Major. Harmonically, the first four bars give the feeling of a church setting by using only I and IV chords, a technique used frequently in Mass settings and known commonly as the "Hallelujah" or plagal cadence. The last 4 bars employ the unusual harmonic ending of ii7 - bIIma7 - Ima7 with the last arpeggiated riff in the harp part giving finality to the last I chord and resolving the 7th at the top.
The "Prelude of Light" is actually a conclude, not a prelude, as the notes descend from a triumphant feel to a gloomy one.
|Names in Other Regions|
|光のプレリュード (Hikari no Pureryūdo) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|Preludio della luce (OoT | OoT3D)||Prelude of light|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The notes for the "Prelude of Light" on a wall in Termina Field from Majora's Mask 3D
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 96 (OoT) & 97 (TP)
- Dan Bruno, Ocarina songs in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, danbruno.net, published January 20, 2014.
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 96
- "Per fare ritorno al Santuario del Tempo, dovrai suonare il Preludio della luce!" — Sheik (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shogakukan, pg. 154