Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire is obtained from the Great Fairy of Magic near Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time. When used, Link summons a dome of Fire around his body that expands outward, affecting anything in its range. When used near Torches, it lights them. Din's Fire drains 6 Magic Points with each use.
Din's Fire is the only Spell necessary to complete the game. It is required to simultaneously light the Torches at the entrance to the Shadow Temple, opening the way into the Temple. Inside the Temple, Din's Fire must be used to incinerate a spiked, wooden wall trap that threatens to crush Link. The Boss Key of the Shadow Temple becomes available upon destroying it.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
In the Super Smash Bros. Melee, Din's Fire is Zelda's side special move. When performed, Zelda shoots a fireball from her hands, which can travel long distances in a straight or curved line. It can be controlled with the control stick or D-pad while holding the special attack button. When releasing the special attack button, the fireball explodes. The more distance Din's Fire travels, the stronger the explosion.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The fireball from Din's Fire travels much faster in Super Smash Bros. Brawl than in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It also detonates much quicker and does more damage the further the fireball travels. It cannot be reflected, but still can be absorbed by moves such as the PSI Magnet and the Oil Panic. If Zelda is hit before the fireball is activated, it will fly to its maximum range, then detonate. This can be compared to Super Smash Bros. Melee, where the attack simply vanishes.
In Hyrule Warriors, Din's Fire appears as an Attack Badge in the Bazaar's Badge Market. When purchased for a Warrior, it increases the rate that the Special Attack Gauge fills for that particular Warrior. It appears in three iterative Badge qualities: bronze, silver and gold; each providing a stronger effect than the one prior.
One of the attacks that Zelda can execute with her Rapier is summoning a giant, blazing hemisphere. This, joined with her two other attacks resembling Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love, appears to be a reference to Din's Fire.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Cadence of Hyrule
Din's Fire appears as a special offensive ability unique to Zelda. It can be randomly obtained from Cadence in one of the caves she appears in, with her claiming that she had found a monster holding onto it. Once acquired, Zelda can then use it to deal explosive damage to enemies and objects, including cracked walls to reveal caves at the cost of Stamina. The spell also deals fire damage, allowing her to burn stumps and braziers without the use of a Torch or Fire Arrows.
- Though Din's Fire doesn't appear in The Wind Waker, its name is inscribed on the base of Din's statue in Hylian on Northern Triangle Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ディンの炎 (Din no Honō) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|丁妮之火 (Dīngnī zhī huǒ) (OoT)|
|Feu de Din (OoT3D)||Din's Fire|
|Fuoco di Din (OoT | OoT3D)||Din's Fire|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 121 (OoT)
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Magic! I will give you a magic spell. Please take it." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "You can use Din's Fire not only to attack but also to burn things!" — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Din's Fire, her explosive side special, can be guided up and down and has a greater blast if the button is held." — Trophy (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- "Makes the Special Attack gauge fill slightly faster." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Din's Fire
Press to create a fireball. Use it again to detonate the fireball, dealing damage to adjacent squares, at the cost of stamina." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 121
- "Hai ottenuto il fuoco di Din!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shogakukan, pg. 150
- Ocarina of Time manual, iQue version, pg. 25
- "Feu de Din (dépense magique : élevée)
Sotilège invoquant le pouvoir de la déesse Din afin de créer une puissante aura de feu destructrice." — Inventory (Ocarina of Time 3D)