Akkala Ancient Tech Lab
Features and Overview
Breath of the Wild
The Akkala Ancient Tech Lab is located on the North Akkala Foothill in Deep Akkala. It was converted from an abandoned lighthouse near East Akkala Stable, and it currently houses Robbie and Jerrin. The pair of them operate the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab together. It is one of two successors to the Ancient Research Institute, the other being the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab.
Following the Great Calamity, Robbie and Purah discovered two sources of Ancient Energy in Necluda and Akkala. After a game a rock, paper, scissors, it was determined that Robbie would make use of the Energy in Akkala, where he would continue his research into Ancient Technology. With him, he took a Guidance Stone. When he came upon the ruined lighthouse, he decided to settle there, turning it into the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab.
At the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, Robbie focused his research on Ancient Soldier Gear. The Ancient Furnace in Akkala is located on Tumlea Heights, which is on the opposite side of the North Akkala Foothill. In order to expedite the process of smelting Ancient Materials, Robbie refined his Guidance Stone into the Ancient Oven, which he refers to as "Cherry."
When Robbie was 90, Impa sent Jerrin to work at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. She took over the duties of lighting the Lab's Furnace with the Blue Flame, in addition to remodeling the Ancient Oven. After some time, the two of them ended up married. They had a son together, Granté, who they raised at the Lab. As Granté grew, he took over retrieving the Blue Flame, but he eventually left after Robbie encouraged him to travel.
As part of the "Robbie's Research" Side Quest, Purah tells Link to bring Ancient Materials to either her or Robbie. This tasks Link with finding Robbie at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. When he arrives, the Furnace outside the Lab will be extinguished, and Link must reignite it in order to restore the Ancient Oven's manufacturing of Ancient Soldier Gear. Once Link lights the Furnace, the Travel Gate at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab will be activated, allowing him to Warp there directly. As thanks, Robbie gives Link three Ancient Arrows. Following this, Link will be able to purchase Ancient Soldier Gear and the Ancient Set from the Ancient Oven, in exchange for Rupees and Ancient Materials.
When Link speaks to Jerrin at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, she informs him that through her research, she has discovered an Ancient Shrine on the left eye of Skull Lake. This begins "The Skull's Eye" Shrine Quest. If Link returns to Jerrin after locating Zuna Kai Shrine, she is unable to give him a reward due to the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab being short on funding.
Tears of the Kingdom
|Names in Other Regions|
|阿卡萊古代研究所 (Ākǎlái gǔdài yánjiūsuǒ)|
|阿卡莱古代研究所 (Ākǎlái gǔdài yánjiūsuǒ)|
|Laboratoire antique d'Akkala|
|Laboratoire antique d'Akkala|
|Centro di ricerca di Akkala|
|추낙 고대 연구소|
|Laboratorio de Akkala|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Deep Akkala
- East Akkala Stable
- Hateno Ancient Tech Lab
- North Akkala Foothill
- Royal Ancient Lab Ruins
- "Akkala Ancient Tech Lab" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Akkala Ancient Tech Lab" — Map (Tears of the Kingdom)
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 285
- "[You're married?] Yes, indeed! Together we run the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. I've got a son, as well!" — Jerrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "We found large amounts of ancient energy in the Necluda and Akkala regions. We could continue our research." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "Just as we had in Hyrule Castle, we could again set ourselves to finding some way to seal Calamity Ganon away. We decided who would go where in the only fair way: rock, paper, scissors. I set out for Akkala soon after." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "I returned to Kakariko Village to collect the remaining Guidance Stone, then I immediately set out for Akkala." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "In time, I reached the lighthouse in Akkala. What a perfect place to keep an eye on the monsters out there. I unloaded my Guidance Stone and settled into my new home." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "And so began my life of solitary research... I knew I had to continue to research the ancient soldier gear for Link... He could wake at any time." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "I quickly settled on a routine. First, I would carry the blue flame from Tumlea Heights." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "It took some significant work, but I was able to successfully remodel the Guidance Stone. Thanks to my effort, it can refine any ancient material inserted into it and offer something in return. I named this machine Cherry, after the first girl I ever loved..." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "Days and months came and went. Before I even realized it, I'd reached the ripe age of 90. I would have been lost in my work even then... But around that time, a young woman named Jerrin arrived. She'd first trained with Dr. Purah, then Lady Impa had sent her to aid me. She quickly proved herself quite capable." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "She carried the blue flame from Tumela Heights and even reworked and improved my designs for Cherry." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "Her intellect, her spirit... In hindsight, is it any surprise that we eventually ended up married?" — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "Some time later, Jerrin gave birth to a baby boy, a beautiful young one who bore all the features of his mother. We decided to name him Granté, and together we passed the time as a happy family at Akkala Ancient Tech Lab." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "Granté grew fast, and it wasn't long before he towered over me! He loved to carry the blue flame from Tumlea Heights, calling it a chance to train his body. I could see the curiosity in his eyes, and so I encouraged him to travel the world and see as much as he could. He'd always been independent. But I was still surprised when, the very day I told him to travel, he left!" — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)
- "You don't have to worry about this until after you see Impa, but I want you to bring me back some ancient materials! Bring them either to me or to Robbie at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. As if my joy weren't enough, if you bring us ancient materials, we'll give you something good as a reward." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Purah told you that any ancient materials you find can be turned over to Robbie. You can find him presiding over the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "And on that note... Sorry for the long preamble, but I'd like to provide you with some ancient soldier gear. Cherry...erm, the ancient oven... creates ancient soldier gear. But I fear she's out of sorts at the moment. Hm. I'm afraid someone will have to bring the blue flame from the ancient furnace again." — Robbie (Breath of the Wild)
- "Akkala Ancient Tech Lab has been added to your map as a travel gate." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "[The furnace is lit.] ... Oh... Well, thank you. Yes, quite. Now then, please take this as a gift of my gratitude that Cherry is fixed!" — Robbie (Breath of the Wild)
- "In addition to ancient arrows, Cherry can make all kinds of ancient soldier gear. If you're looking to acquire some, give your ancient materials... and rupees...to Cherry." — Robbie (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm an amateur scholar of ancient history. To be honest...I've been focusing a lot of my research on shrines. ...Oh, that reminds me! Link, there's somewhere you need to go. Umm... The left eye of Skull Lake! I know there's a shrine there, but it's a challenge to get to it..." — Jerrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "So you went to the left eye of Skull Lake? ... Oh, you don't have to tell me anything. My magical Sheikah nose implant gives me a supernatural sense of smell. Just one sniff tells me what you did yesterday and what you ate for dinner last night. ... Just kidding. But judging by your dormant sense of humor, I'm guessing things didn't go as smoothly as you had hoped. In any case, thanks for the report. I wish I could give you a reward, but we're short on funding as it is. That's life in Hyrule for ya!" — Jerrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link, thanks for investigating the left eye of Skull Lake. I'm afraid I have no reward for you... The laboratory is woefully underfunded, so I can't afford to pay you. Sorry." — Jerrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yahaha! You found me!" — Korok (Breath of the Wild)