Bank of Wishes
Features and Overview
Breath of the Wild
The Bank of Wishes is located along the Zora River in the Lanayru Great Spring. According to legend, if someone sends a letter down the Zora River from the Bank of Wishes, the person who replies will be theirs forever. These wishes are supposedly granted by a Water Fairy. Before Divine Beast Vah Ruta has been calmed, the Rain that it generates will constantly fall over the Bank of Wishes.
Prior to Link arriving in Zora's Domain, Finley would go to the Bank of Wishes to communicate with her pen pal, Sasan. However, once Divine Beast Vah Ruta started its rampage, her mother Kodah forbade her from visiting.
After Link has completed the "Divine Beast Vah Ruta" Main Quest, he can find Finley at the Bank of Wishes with her Love Letter. When Link approaches her, she asks if he also has a wish for the Water Fairy, but she dismisses this idea when she notices he does not have a letter. She then wonders if he is a servant to the Water Fairy. Once Finley realizes that he is a traveler, she asks him if he could follow her Love Letter down the Zora River to see who picks it up. Finley herself is unable to, as she promised her mother that she would not stray far from Zora's Domain. If Link agrees to her request, Finley will thank him before preparing to throw the Love Letter into the Zora River. Once she does, the "Special Delivery" Side Quest will begin.
If the Love Letter is broken or lost, Link can return to the Bank of Wishes to inform Finley. Having predicted this would happen, she made an extra one. Finley will also push this Love Letter into the Zora River, and Link will still have to follow it.
Tears of the Kingdom
|Names in Other Regions|
|許願河畔 (Xǔyuàn hépàn)|
|许愿河畔 (Xǔyuàn hépàn)|
|Rive des Vœux|
|Rive des Vœux|
|Ufer der Träume|
|Argine dei desideri|
|Muelle de los deseos|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Bank of Wishes" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Bank of Wishes" — Map (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "If you send a letter down the River from the Bank of Wishes and get a reply... that person will be yours forever!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? Do you have a wish for the water fairy too? Oh... I suppose not. If you did, you'd have a letter to send." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 208
- "I have a pen pal! When I put a letter in a bottle and send it down Zora River, I always get a reply, without fail. It's so fun and mysterious!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ugh! I'm so mad at her! I need to go to the Bank of Wishes to send a letter...but Mother won't let me go because of that water monster." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "But wait, does that mean you're... a servant of the water fairy?!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you're a traveler, that's lucky for me! OH, WOW! If that's the case, I have an important request for you. Once I release it, I'd like you to follow my love letter and get to know whoever picks it up. Once you do that, please report back to me so I can find out what kind of person he is..." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know, I know. You're probably thinking, "Why not just go yourself, lazy girl?!" I'm right, aren't I? The thing is, I promised my mother I wouldn't venture out too far." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Fine...] Tee hee! Thank you! Excellent! OK, I'm going to throw the letter in now! Are you ready?" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I can't see the letter.] You lost sight of my love letter, didn't you?" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Luckily, I thought something like that might happen, so I made an extra." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)