Mah Eliya Shrine
The Mah Eliya Shrine, designated by the Trial name Secret Stairway, is an Ancient Shrine in Breath of the Wild. It is exclusive to The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack.
Entrance to the Shrine
Mah Eliya Shrine is located on Ploymus Mountain in the Lanayru Great Spring, though it is initially buried beneath the ground. It is one of three Ancient Shrines unlocked as part of the "EX Champion Mipha's Song" Main Quest.
To access the Ancient Shrine, Link must swim up through the Glowing Rings that appear on the Waterfall that leads into Mikau Lake. From there, he will proceed towards Lulu Lake and the Waterfall above it, all the way up to Ploymus Mountain. Once he passes through the final Glowing Ring, Mah Eliya Shrine will emerge from the ground. As Link enters the Shrine, he will be greeted by its Monk, Mah Eliya, who presents him with the Trial.
Mah Eliya Shrine features a large central chamber that is mostly covered in a thing layer of Water. There is also a Waterfall opposite of the Elevator Platform, which has two metal blocks on rails in front of it. Using the Cryonis Rune, Link can raise the metal block on the left, allowing him to Climb up onto a raised platform.
On this platform, Link will find another metal block, which can be moved freely with the Magnesis Rune. With both the metal block and Cryonis, Link must create barriers that support the blocks on rails once they are raised. With this method, he can create a Climbable path up to another raised platform on the right side of the Ancient Shrine.
From the platform on the right, Link will be able to access the Monk's Pedestal. When Link approaches Mah Eliya, the Monk will give him Ruta's Emblem as a reward for overcoming the Trial. Afterwards, Mah Eliya will tell Link that collecting three Emblems will lead to a new Trial. If this is the first or second Ancient Shrine that Link has visited during "EX Champion Mipha's Song," the Monk will tell him how many of Ruta's Emblems are left. If this is the third and final Shrine that he has visited, Mah Eliya directs him to Divine Beast Vah Ruta. Following this, the Monk will fade away.
A metal Treasure Chest can be found on railing on the left side of Mah Eliya Shrine. Link can retrieve it with the Magnesis Rune once he Climbs close enough to it. When the Chest is opened, he will receive a Royal Shield.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Mah Eliya Shrine
Secret Stairway" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "♪Reaching skyward from waters blue.
Ruta's Champion a heart true.♪
♪The hero's power shall grow.
Seek trials monuments show.♪
♪One, find what the light's path shows.
Two, conquer ancient foes.♪
♪Three, chase rings of the waterfall.
Champion, the trials call!♪" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Mah Eliya. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Mah Eliya (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this gift... Ruta's Emblem." — Mah Eliya (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Collect three emblems to open the path to a new challenge." — Mah Eliya (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Two remain..." — Mah Eliya (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "One remains..." — Mah Eliya (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Now that you have collected three emblems, you must go to Divine Beast Vah Ruta..." — Mah Eliya (Breath of the Wild)