Kam Urog Shrine
Entrance to the Shrine
The Kam Urog Shrine is located in a site northeast of Fort Hateno, initially buried beneath the ground. In order to access it, Link must complete "The Cursed Statue" Shrine Quest. The Quest can be accessed by speaking to Calip and referring to him as "doctor", at which point he will feel charitable and share some of his research with Link. The phrase he says can be accessed again at any time be reading An Ancient Text, which is found in Calip's cabin.
If Link approaches the Stone Statues in the grove at night, the eyes of one will begin to glow purple. Shooting it with an Arrow will cause Kam Urog Shrine to emerge from the ground, completing the Shrine Quest. As Link enters the Ancient Shrine, he is greeted by its Monk, Kam Urog.
The Kam Urog Shrine contains a wheel-like chamber in which gears rotate the inner section. These gears propel the interior platforms which rotate along the cylindrical body, providing Link a way to ascend the chamber. The gears can temporarily be stopped using the Stasis Rune, freezing the corresponding platforms. Near the top of the cylindrical chamber are two flights of stairs, which must be connected with either of the floating platforms that hold stairs. This leads to the pathway to the Monk's Pedestal.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Santuario de Kamur||Kamur Shrine|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Kam Urog Shrine
Trial of Passing" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Of course, Dr. Calip.] Doctor... Did I...just hear you call me doctor? As in, not merely Calip, but DOCTOR Calip? It rolled off your tongue so naturally. It was downright salivary! Herm... This changes things..." — Calip (Breath of the Wild)
- "Very well then! I'm feeling charitable, so I'll let a few things spill. This is just between us, understand. "When a dark light resides in the cursed statue's eyes, pierce its gaze to purge the seal from the shrine."" — Calip (Breath of the Wild)
- ""When a dark light resides in the cursed statue's eyes, pierce its gaze to purge the seal from the shrine."
You fired an arrow into the glowing eyes of the statue, and the ancient shrine was revealed." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Kam Urog. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Kam Urog (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero... In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Kam Urog (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Kam Urog (Breath of the Wild)
- "Santuario de Kamur" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Tadnwielen des tijds" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Tempel van Kam Urog" — Map (Breath of the Wild)