Chambers of Insight
The Chambers of Insight are a Stage in Four Swords.
Entrance to the Chambers
The Chambers of Insight can be selected from the Stage-Selection Screen at any time and have no prerequisite conditions. The entrance is marked by a domed yellow structure on an island in southeastern Hyrule.
The Chambers of Insight are a set of optional tutorial levels for learning various game mechanics and practicing the usage of items. Stray Fairies scattered about the levels provide the Links with guidance and advice. The main chamber is comprised of multiple Warp Zones that lead to levels focusing on certain mechanics or items.
The first set of Warp Zones lead to a level teaching basic mechanics including Rupees, Switches, Blocks, and Platforms. It also features Rupee Shard, Mystical Seeds, color-coded floor tiles, Whirlpools, and different types of Water. Mechanics that involve more than one Link are introduced, including Big Blocks, Four-Directional Platforms, destructible stone barriers, and striking swords to light Torches.
The second set of Warp Zones lead to a level instructing how to lift large Rocks, other Links, certain Enemies, and blue Crystals. It also introduces Enemies that require two Links to defeat, namely Hikkun and Nokkun.
Warp Zones for the Bow, Pegasus Shoes, Boomerang, Roc's Cape, and Magnetic Glove wrap around the room's perimeter. They introduce item-specific mechanics and objects such as Eyeball Switches for Bows, Cracked Walls for Bombs, and gates for the Roc's Cape.
A central group of Warp Zones marked with a question mark lead to a "final test" comprised of two levels. It combines several of the mechanics previously learned and culminates in a fight with an Ice Wizzrobe. The Chambers of Insight can be exited by using the southernmost set of Warp Zones.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The Chambers of Insight symbol found on Warp Zones resembles the head of a bird or a Jabber Nut from The Minish Cap.
- The Chambers of Insight are the only Stage in which the Links can use Warp Zones to travel back to previous levels.
- The instruction manual contains a screenshot of the Stage-Selection Screen which reads "Caves of Insight".
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||始まりのほこら (Hajimari no Hokora)||Shrine of Beginnings|
|French||Temple du Savoir||Temple of Knowledge|
|German||Quell des Wissens||Origin of Knowledge|
|Italian||Antri del sapere||Caverns of Knowledge|
|SpanishLA||Templo del Saber||Temple of Knowledge|
- ↑ "CHAMBERS OF INSIGHT" — Map (Four Swords)
- ↑ "Welcome to our cave, young heroes! You will find many traps and puzzles in the areas ahead. We will give you advice that will aid you on your quest. Do not fail to heed it." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "When each of you stands on a red warp zone, all will be transported to another floor, where you will learn about many items. Begin by standing on the warp zones ahead." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "The lovely jewel you have found is a Rupee. Your Rupees are counted in the bottom-right corner of your screen. The Rupees each of you gather are pooled in a single wallet for all." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "The [round switch] and [square switch] that you see on the ground are switches. Step on the switches to move traps and stones. A [round switch] only operates while one of you standing on it." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "The yellow Rupees that sometimes appear after you open a chest or defeat an enemy are Rupee Shards. If you collect four of them, they combine to form a giant Rupee worth a total of 500 Rupees." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "The mystical seeds you collect will boost your power by up to two levels. Razor Seeds add sword power. Armor Seeds add defense. Pegasus Seeds add speed." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "You will also find currents and rapids in the water. If you exert some effort, you can swim against currents, but you'll never get past rapids." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "This strange platform moves in the direction of the arrow you stand on. The switch beside you recalls the platform to this spot." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "If you strike your swords together, sparks will fly! Try this in places where you want to light a fire." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "If you all approach one side of a large rock and combine your might, you will be able to lift it over your heads!" — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "Press R to light the shining blue crystals. Then press it again to place them on another pedestal. Doing so will activate certain devices. If you drop a crystal and it shatters, you must do it all over again." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "There are some monsters you cannot defeat unless you pull them from the left or right. Be wary of such beasts!" — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "Some walls that don't have cracks can also be blown open. Hold B to hold out your sword and tap the wall. Listen for odd noises!" — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "What you see above is a gate. You can jump through the gate or land on it to jump down through it." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "Have you learned much? If so, you should be ready for the test below." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "The one below will take you back to the map." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)