The Goron Mines are the second Dungeon in Twilight Princess.
Entrance to the Mines
In pursuit of the second Fused Shadow, Link must enter the Mines through a passage in Death Mountain, which he can only access after defeating Gor Coron in a Sumo Wrestlin' match using the Iron Boots.
The Goron Mines are notable for featuring several forms of advanced technology. It deploys several complex machines that operate to keep the place functional, including magnetic cranes, which Link can take advantage of to explore the Dungeon. The insides of the Mines are also filled with Lava and Flame geysers; to avoid them, Link must use his Iron Boots to stick to magnetized platforms and walls. Link does not need to worry about the temperature, despite the hot environment. Due to its high temperature, the Mines are inhabited by several fire-based Enemies. Despite this, some rooms in the Mines are filled with water.
Link must seek out the three Village Elders within the Mines - Gor Amoto, Gor Ebizo, and Gor Liggs - in order to piece together a shattered Big Key which will allow Link into the final chamber, where the Goron Patriarch, Darbus, was imprisoned after being transformed into the Twilit Igniter Fyrus. The Dungeon has two floors and contains many large rooms, some with walkways over massive pools of Lava. The Middle Boss guarding the Hero's Bow is a large Goron named Dangoro. There are two Pieces of Heart that Link can obtain in the Dungeon.
Towards the end of the Dungeon is an open area that is flooded with water. It is crisscrossed with scaffolding manned by Bulblin Archers. On the uppermost walkway in the northeast corner of the area is a Treasure Chest containing a Purple Rupee (or a Stamp in Twilight Princess HD) that can only be reached after retrieving the Clawshot from the Lakebed Temple later on.
- TP Tektite Model.png
- TP Bulblin Archer Model.png
- TP Fire Toapoli Model.png
- TP Lava Model.png
- TP Lava Geyser Model.png
- TPHD Beamos Model.png
- TPHD Tektite Model.png
- TPHD Bulblin Model.png
- TPHD Bulblin Archer Model.png
- TPHD Dodongo Model.png
- TPHD Fire Keese Model.png
- TPHD Fire Toapoli Model.png
- TPHD Lava Model.png
- TPHD Lava Geyser Model.png
- TPHD Red Tektite Model.png
- TPHD Toadpoli Model.png
- TPHD Torch Slug Model.png
- This is the only Dungeon in the game where the main treasure Item is not obtained in the same room where the Middle Boss is found. The Hero's Bow is collected one room after the battle arena where Dangoro fights Link.
- The Hylian text on the Dungeon Map shows the name of the Dungeon as Goron Mine.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゴロン鉱山 (Goron Kōzan)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Mine Goron||Goron Mine|
|German||Mine der Goronen||Mine of the Gorons|
|SpanishEU||Minas de los Goron||Gorons' Mines|
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 155