Etsu Korima Shrine
The Etsu Korima Shrine, designated by the Trial name Path of Light, is an Ancient Shrine in Breath of the Wild. It is exclusive to The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack.
Entrance to the Shrine
The Etsu Korima Shrine is located on the Great Plateau atop Mount Hylia. It appears as part of the "EX The Champions' Ballad" Main Quest. To access the Ancient Shrine, Link must defeat the various Enemies that appear on Mount Hylia during the trial. After the last Enemy is defeated, the Shrine will rise up from beneath the ground. As Link enters, he is greeted by the Shrine's Monk, Etsu Korima.
Etsu Korima Shrine is covered in Darkness, forcing Link to follow light sources such as stationary Torches or the glowing walls to find his way through. Through a small corridor from the entrance is a large chamber with seven lasers. The first three are stationary lasers firing vertically from the ceiling, the next three are also stationary but are firing horizontally across the walkway at roughly the same level as Link's eyes when he is standing. The final laser is firing horizontally across the walkway but is on a platform moving up and down.
The next chamber has a large number of stationary Torches scattered around four large rotating cylindrical columns, each column two or three walls covered with spikes attached to them. The third chamber has three sets of small openings, each with four nozzles that spew out jets of Fire lining the opening. The jets can be safely passed through with the Fireproof Armor or by carefully crossing over one of the nozzles while it is off. Down a small flight of stairs, three Guardian Scouts I lie in wait, two of which hide behind nearby walls.
At the end of the chamber with Guardian Scouts is a large staircase leading up to the Monk's Pedestal. As Link ascends the staircase, Etsu Korima Shrine will light up. However, the Darkness will return if Link turns back. Upon approaching Etsu Korima, the Monk will give Link a Spirit Orb for completing the trial. Following this, Etsu Korima will then wish Link well before fading away.
A metallic Treasure Chest can be found on a small wooden platform above some vines in the area with the rotating spike walls. It can be accessed by burning the vines and the platform, causing it to fall to the ground. Inside, Link will find a Gold Rupee.
Minor Enemies and Traps
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Etsu Korima Shrine
Path of Light" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "The One-Hit Obliterator, as the name suggests, can defeat enemies in one-hit. However, the wielder will also be defeated in one hit. Defeat the monsters at the locations marked on the map within the Great Plateau." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Etsu Korima. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Etsu Korima (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero... In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Etsu Korima (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Etsu Korima (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Tempel van Etsu Korima" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Volg het licht" — Map (Breath of the Wild)