Ambi's Palace is a recurring location in The Legend of Zelda series. Ambi's Palace goes unnamed in Oracle of Ages (Wessel). Found just north of Lynna Village, it is the seat of Labrynna's royalty far in the country's past.
Features and Overview
Oracle of Ages
It is unknown how long the palace had existed by the time of Queen Ambi's reign, but seeing as it bears her name, it appears that she may have been responsible for the construction of the palace. In any case, it is the seat of Labrynna's government 400 years in its past, serving as the home of Queen Ambi and her court, including her adviser during the events of the game, the Possessed Nayru. In the present, the palace has vanished almost entirely, leaving no sign of its existence. The open land that remains is known as Nuun Highlands.
Ambi's Palace has a large courtyard, complete with hedges, trees (including one Scent Tree), and statues of the Queen. At the east end of the garden, there is a hidden staircase that leads to an underground waterway. The waterway, in turn, leads to an underground area directly beneath the palace. The palace proper is two stories tall and boasts impressive halls and large chambers befitting Labrynna's royal family.
The entire palace is heavily guarded; two sentries at the outer gate bar the only entrance. In the courtyard, patrolling guards will throw out trespassers if spotted. Conversely, the guards in the palace proper will attack intruders on-sight.
The palace's outer gate remains guarded for the majority of the game, preventing Link from entering. Link gets his first chance to enter Ambi's Palace when the Queen, at Possessed Nayru's behest, decrees that all Mystery Seeds be found and brought to her. Link finds the seeds in the heart of Deku Forest, after which he is escorted to the palace by Ambi's guards and brought before the Queen. Ambi rewards the young hero with Bombs and has the guards escort him back out of the palace.
After Link completes Mermaid's Cave, the Maku Tree informs him that Ambi has left the palace, creating the perfect opportunity to save Nayru from Veran. With the guard on the palace down, Link is able enter the courtyard. Just as he does so, Ralph appears. He makes mention of a secret passage somewhere in the courtyard that would allow him to sneak in, then rushes into the palace. Following suit, Link sneaks past the remaining guards. He then finds the secret passageway and infiltrates the palace, avoiding the heavily-guarded entrance. On the second floor of the palace, Link gives battle to Possessed Nayru and pries the Sorceress of Shadows from Nayru's grip. Veran subsequently takes possession of the hapless Queen Ambi, who has returned to the palace just in time to see Nayru freed. Just as the possessed queen sets her guards on Link, Nayru, and Ralph (who appeared just after the battle), the Oracle of Ages transports to the present time. Here, before the Maku Tree, she teaches Link the Tune of Ages, unlocking the Harp of Ages' true power.
After destroying Veran, Link is granted free access to the palace. In a linked game, it was also revealed that shortly after returning to Labrynna from her trek to Holodrum to find her lover, Ambi had sunk her palace, being partly inspired by the Sunken City.
Oracle of Ages (Wessel)
|Names in Other Regions|
|アンビの宮殿 (Anbi no Kyūden)|
|Palais d'Ambi||Same as English.|
|Palazzo di Ambi||Same as English.|
|Palacio de Ambi|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
By pressing the four switches in the palace courtyard, a stairwell to a secret passageway is revealed.
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 111 (OoA)
- "My palace is very large--you will not be able to find the way out alone." — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Ages)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages—The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 101
- "You! You can't come in without permission!" — Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "Those are the Mystery Seeds Queen Ambi has been demanding! Nice work, kid! I'll take you to the palace." — Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "Queen Ambi! He says he wishes to pay tribute! He brings the Mystery Seeds Your Majesty has been seeking!" — Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "Link! I have great news!!! Queen Ambi just left the palace! Now is your chance! This may be your only opportunity to save Nayru!" — Maku Tree (Oracle of Ages)
- "Link! Don't startle me! You also heard the guard on the palace was down and came to save Nayru? If anyone is gonna save her, it's me! I won't let you beat me to it!" — Ralph (Oracle of Ages)
- "But it's no good entering from the front door. I know! There should be a hidden entrance in the palace garden! I'll sneak in through there! What? "Why do I know about the hidden passage on my first trip here?" Never mind!!! I'm coming, Nayru!!!" — Ralph (Oracle of Ages)
- "Hah hah hah!!! The queen comes with impeccable timing! Hahh... The body of a queen suits me just fine!" — Veran (Oracle of Ages)
- "Heeee! What are you doing? Catch them! Now!" — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Ages)
- "Ralph!!! I'm sorry to make you worry. I'm fine now. Let us return to our own age!" — Nayru (Oracle of Ages)
- "Link, you have the Harp of Ages. I want you to keep it for now. I'm sure it will continue to aid you. Now let me teach you the last tune, which will unlock the true power of the Harp of Ages." — Nayru (Oracle of Ages)
- "You! Kids aren't allowed in... Sir Link! Excuse me!" — Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "Palazzo di Ambi" — Map (Oracle of Ages, Italian localization)
|Regions in Oracle of Ages past age|
Click on an area