House of Gales
The House of Gales is a Dungeon in A Link Between Worlds. It is one of the earlier Dungeons located in Hyrule. The Zora's Flippers and Tornado Rod are required to access it, and its Boss is Margomill.
Entrance to the Dungeon
The House of Gales (along with the Tower of Hera) can be accessed after completing the first Dungeon, Eastern Palace. The Dungeon is found in the center of Lake Hylia in southeastern Hyrule. To enter it Link needs the Zora's Flippers, obtained from Oren after returning the stolen Smooth Gem; and the Tornado Rod, which can be rented from Ravio's Shop for 20 Rupees.
Link travels to the House of Gales in order to acquire the Pendant of Wisdom. A number of new enemies are encountered inside, such as Bubbles, Bari and Heedles, the latter being the Dungeon's Sub-Boss. Navigating the House of Gales requires extensive use of the Tornado Rod. It must be used to hover onto moving platforms and travel on wind currents created by fans. These must be activated by hitting stepping on Floor Switches or striking Crystal Switches with the Bow, Boomerang, Hookshot or Bombs. The fans are used to ascend floors and to hover across gaps. However, they can be dangerous as some lead to pitfalls. The House of Gales also contains a few Fire hazards – the first of the game. They can be extinguished using the Tornado Rod or the Ice Rod.
The Boss of the Dungeon, Margomill, is fought on a platform surrounded by a large pit. Link must use the Tornado Rod and his Sword to defeat it. Afterwards, he acquires a Heart Container and the Pendant of Wisdom.
The Compass is in the western room of the first floor. It can be accessed by Wall Merging onto the vertically moving red block and then emerging on the northernmost platform that it reaches. The Big Key can be found on the southeastern outer wall of the Dungeon, accessed by dropping down from the southern central platform on the second floor. The Chest will appear after activating the Lever on the far right.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The House of Gales and Lorule Castle are the only Dungeons in A Link Between Worlds that do not have counterparts in A Link to the Past.
- The House of Gales's location corresponds to that of the Pond of Happiness in A Link to the Past.
|Names in Other Regions|
|風の館 (Kaze no Yakata)|
|Maison des Bourrasques|
|Demeure des vents|
|Haus des Windes|
|Palazzo del Vento|
|바람의 관 (Balam-ui Gwan)||Hall of Wind|
|Mansión de la Tempestad|
|Mansión de los Vientos|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ "Gli altri due amuleti dovrebbero essere custoditi nel Palazzo del Vento e nella Torre di Hera." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "残り二つの証は風の館とヘラの塔に
それぞれ安置されておるはず" — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Die verbleibenden zwei Amulette werden im Haus des Windes und in Heras Turm aufbewahrt." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Les daux autres pendentifs devraient se trouver dans la demeure des vents et dans la tour d'Héra." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "남은 두 개의 문장은 바람의 관과 헤라의 탑에
각각 안치되어 있을 것이다" — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Los otros dos colgantes están custodiados en la Mansión de la Tempestad y en la Torre de Hera." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Les daux autres pendentifs devraient se trouver dans la maison des Bourrasques et dans la tour d'Héra." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Los otros dos colgantes están custodiados en la Mansión de los Vientos y en la Torre de Hera." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)