Kayra Mah Shrine
Entrance to the Shrine
The Kayra Mah Shrine is located within Gorko Tunnel in the Eldin Canyon. However, it is initially blocked by a rubble of stones. The Tunnel is being excavated by Gonguron, as it is believed to be the location of the "Secret of the Hero". Gonguron's brother, Bladon, is upset with his absence, and speaking with him initiates the "A Brother's Roast" Shrine Quest.
After Bladon Cooks a Deliciously Grilled Rock Roast and Gonguron eats it, he regains the strength to keep digging. It is revealed that the "Secret of the Hero" is in fact an Ancient Shrine. As Link enters the Shrine, he is greeted by its Monk, Kayra Mah.
The Kayra Mah Shrine features a steep upward incline. The incline is sectioned by gapped fences along its center, creating three paths upward. At the very top of the incline is the Monk's Pedestal.
Upon approaching the incline, a series of traps are triggered in which Iron Balls and Spiked Iron Balls come rolling down toward Link. Among the rolling hazards are also Rupees of various amounts. These Rupees are meant to serve as bait, as they are shortly followed by the hazards. Link can avoid the hazards simply by evading them, but can also use the Stasis Rune to freeze them in place. Eventually all of the traps will be released, leaving no more Rupees left as they collect at the bottom and making for a safe climb the rest of the way. Link can return to the bottom of the incline to collect any Rupees that he had missed.
At the very top of the incline is the Monk's Pedestal. When spoken to, Kayra Mah will gives Link a Spirit Orb for completing the Trial. After this, the Monk will wish Link well before fading away.
Along the walls of Kayra Mah Shrine are two Treasure Chests, one on a platform and another in an alcove in the wall. These Chests can be reached by gliding to them using the Paraglider from a higher elevation. From inside them, Link can obtain five Bomb Arrows and a Ruby.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Santuario de Ahram||Ahram Shrine|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Kayra Mah Shrine
Greedy Hill" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "He said he was gonna go dig up the secret of the hero, and then he just took off!" — Bladon (Breath of the Wild)
- "I wonder when my little brother will come home... He can't really be searchin' for the secret of the hero in the depths of Gorko Tunnel... Right?" — Bladon (Breath of the Wild)
- "But I know better. It's just an excuse for him to slack off and dream his life away! I really wish he'd grow up a little..." — Bladon (Breath of the Wild)
- "*cough* *wheeze* Phew! I'm spent. To think that somewhere behind all this rubble is the secret of the hero... I know I'll become really great and important if I can find it! My only problem is that I don't have the strength to go on. My belly's empty and and rumblin' like mad! What to do..." — Gonguron (Breath of the Wild)
- "I need you to do me a favor! As a brother, I can't just sit idly by. I have to help him! Exit here and head down the hill to Gortram Cliff. There you can find rock roasts rollin' around. I need ya to please grab one of 'em for me." — Bladon (Breath of the Wild)
- "WOW! There it is! The hero's secret has revealed itself to me!! Weird... I feel like I've seen somethin' like this before in Goron City..." — Gonguron (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Kayra Mah. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Kayra Mah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero... In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Kayra Mah (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Kayra Mah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Santuario de Ahram" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Tempel van Kayra Mah" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Bergen geld" — Map (Breath of the Wild)