Keh Namut Shrine
The Keh Namut Shrine, designated by the Trial name Cryonis Trial, is an Ancient Shrine in Breath of the Wild.
Entrance to the Shrine
Keh Namut Shrine is located on Mount Hylia atop the Great Plateau. It is one of the four Ancient Shrines that Link must complete during "The Isolated Plateau" Main Quest. The surrounding area is a Freezing Climate, so Link will need either a Warm Doublet or spicy Food to reach it. When he enters the Ancient Shrine, he is greeted by its Monk, Keh Namut.
The first chamber in Keh Namut Shrine contains a pool of Water and a Guidance Stone, the latter of which has a Sheikah Slate Pedestal below it. When Link inserts his Sheikah Slate into the Pedestal, the Guidance Stone will authenticate it before distilling a Rune. A drop of Ancient Energy will fall from the Guidance Stone and onto the Sheikah Slate, granting Link the Cryonis Rune.
With Cryonis, Link will be able to make a pillar of Ice in the nearby pool of Water. He can then climb the Ice pillar, allowing him to access the ledge above it. In the next room, the floor is coated with Water, but the way forward is blocked by a portcullis. Link can raise the portcullis by summoning a Cryonis pillar underneath it.
The third chamber has a Guardian Scout I, which Link must either avoid or defeat. Past this is a stone slab, which is balanced upon a pillar at its center. If Link raises a Cryonis pillar underneath one of its ends, it will turn into a walkway leading to the highest level of the Ancient Shrine. The Monk's Pedestal is accessible from here.
If this is the first Ancient Shrine that Link has completed, Keh Namut will explain that they are a Monk of Hylia, dedicated to helping defeat Calamity Ganon. Link's arrival fulfills Keh Namut's purpose, and the Monk gives him a Spirit Orb as a reward. After this, Keh Namut wishes Link well and fades away.
One a ledge near the Guardian Scout I is a stone Treasure Chest. Using a Cryonis block, Link can climb up to the ledge and open the Chest. Inside, he will find a Traveler's Spear.
Minor Enemies and Traps
|Names in Other Regions|
|Santuario de Soukeh||Soukeh Shrine|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Keh Namut Shrine
Cryonis Trial" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "The Old Man explained that there are a total of four Shrines on the plateau. He said that he will give you the Paraglider once you have acquired the Spirit Orb from all the of the Shrines.
He told you to survey the plateau from the top of the tower to find the remaining shrines. He also pointed out that you can use your Sheikah Slate if you need to travel quickly." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Keh Namut. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Sheikah Slate authenticated. Distilling rune..." — Guidance Stone (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Rune extracted." — Guidance Stone (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "You have proven to possess the resolve of a true hero. I am Keh Namut, the creator of this trial. I am a humble monk, blessed with the sight of Goddess Hylia and dedicated to helping those who seek to defeat Ganon." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "With your arrival, my duty is now fulfilled. In the name of Goddess Hylia, allow me to bestow this gift upon you... Please accept this Spirit Orb." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Santuario de Soukeh" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Tempel van Keh Namut" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "De kracht van ijs" — Map (Breath of the Wild)