Gor Amoto is the first Goron elder found in the Goron Mines. He is physically very small and feeble-looking and uses a cane. He has vents on his back and head which can be seen releasing smoke and gases. He can be found on the west side of the first level of the mines, and gives Link the first Key Shard, a piece of the shattered Big Key.
- The algae growing on Gor Amoto's back spouts may be a reference to the theory of Abiogenesis, in which life is thought to have originally been sustained on Earth. This could be an allusion to Shigeru Miyamoto's influence in the conception of several Nintendo series and titles, whom Gor Amoto is named after. Hyrule Historia states that the smoke was inspired by the practice of moxibustion.
Gor Amoto's name is a reference to the creator of The Legend of Zelda series, Shigeru Miyamoto. Similarly, Gor Amoto's Japanese name is Don Shīgeru.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ドン・シーゲル (Don Shīgeru)|
- Gor Amoto was referred to as Gor Amato in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide by Prima Games. However, as this contradicts the name given in-game, it is not considered Canon.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD — PRIMA Official Game Guide, Prima Games, pg. 14
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 277 (TP)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide, Prima Games, pg. 136
- Hyrule Historia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 189