Breath of the Wild
Daruk was the Goron Champion, one of the appointed members tasked with piloting a Divine Beast in the fight against Calamity Ganon 100 years ago. He was the pilot of the Divine Beast Vah Rudania. He was described as being generally calm, but becomes wildly excitable in battle. He possessed the ability known as Daruk's Protection, a red crystal polyhedric barrier that can deflect any attack or incoming damage to the user.
When Daruk was a small child, Dogs would chase him around when they saw him. This started when he stepped on the tail of one, which made it angry at him. Even as an adult, he still panics when he meets a Dog.
Daruk carried a Weapon known as the Boulder Breaker, which he could easily swing around despite its heft. According to Bludo, Daruk used the Boulder Breaker to carve the valley at Gortram Cliff in a single night. This was done so the Gorons could more easily attain Rock Roast. There is also a rumor that Daruk would fan himself with the Boulder Breaker.
Daruk wrote his thoughts down in a Book known as Daruk's Training Journal. In his first entry, he writes about the Rock Roast he ate that day. In the next entry, Daruk recounts meeting a group of Hylians at the base of Death Mountain who spoke about Calamity Ganon. He recalled that the Sheikah dug up Divine Beast Vah Rudania from Death Mountain several years prior, and he was told by the Hylians that is was a weapon that needed someone to control it. In the past, Daruk claimed that Gorons only cared about relics that they could eat, which inspires him to search for Rock Roast for dinner.
One day, while Daruk was searching for lunch, he saw a Hylian being attacked by Monsters. He rushed to help them, but by the time he arrived, the Hylian had already defeated his opponents. Daruk was so surprised that another Monster almost ambushed him, but the Hylian ended up saving him. He later learned that the Hylian was named Link, and while Daruk respected his appetite, he was appalled by the organic Food he would eat. Since Link enjoyed Cooking, Daruk offered him some Rock Roast to grill, and he took Link's silence to mean that he enjoyed it. Daruk was also pleased that Link had a similar level of strength to himself. Link explained that when he focused, he felt as though time slows down, which Daruk was impressed by. As he could share a meal with Link and trust him to watch his back, Daruk declared that Link was officially his brother.
When Princess Zelda came to Goron City to ask Daruk to become a Champion, he immediately accepted. His acceptance can be seen during the "Champion Daruk's Song" EX Recovered Memory, which is exclusive to The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack. Daruk and Zelda can be seen walking through Eldin Canyon along the Mountain Road, accompanied by two Knights of Hyrule. Daruk states that he is willing to lay down his life if Hyrule needs his help, which Zelda thanks him for. Daruk recounts that Monsters have been attacking more frequently as of late, and he wonders if Calamity Ganon could be the reason. He warns Zelda that she should not leave Hyrule Castle without a horde of Gorons to protect her. Zelda accuses him of sounding like her father, King Rhoam, who is assigning a knight to watch over her, the top contender being the most accomplished swordsman in Hyrule. Daruk realizes that Zelda is talking about Link.
Daruk is distracted by a group of Bokoblins running across the Mountain Road ahead of them. He realizes that they are attacking someone hiding behind a rock formation. Calling them cowards, he tells Zelda to wait for him before charging forward to defend their victim. Using the Boulder Breaker, Daruk fights off the Bokoblins, calling them Cuccos as they run away. As Daruk laughs triumphantly, Zelda finds their target, which is revealed to be a Hylian Retriever. When the Retriever jumps onto her and licks her face, Zelda tells Daruk that he saved his life. However, when she turns to face him, she finds Daruk trembling in fear, activating his Protection when the Retriever barks. After sending the Hylian Retriever off, Daruk tells it to stay safe and apologizes that Zelda had to see that side of him. Daruk admits that Dogs would chase him when he was a child, and he is still scared of them as an adult. Zelda is surprised by the revelation that Daruk has a weakness. Daruk then seeks assurance that Calamity Ganon is not a Dog Monster. This causes Zelda to start laughing, and Daruk eventually joins in.
Daruk later recounted his meeting with Princess Zelda in his Training Journal, recalling that she seemed happy when he accepted her request. In total, Daruk states that their team will consist of six members, including Zelda, the swordsman who will face Calamity Ganon, and the rest of the pilots of the Divine Beasts. Excited by the idea of having a feast with the rest of the Champions, Daruk offered his best Rock Roast to Zelda. While she thanked him, Daruk noticed she was holding back a grimace, which he believed was due to her having something on her mind.
In order to become a Champion, Daruk had to overcome a Divine Beast Tamer's Trial to prove he was worthy of taming a Divine Beast. This Trial included facing the Igneo Talus Titan at Lake Darman, following Glowing Rings down Death Mountain, and jumping into the Glowing Ring at Darb Pond.
During the "The Champions' Ballad" EX Recovered Memory, Daruk attends the inaugurations of the Champions at Hyrule Castle. During the ceremony, King Rhoam bestows upon them blue cloths, which symbolizes their connection to the Royal Family of Hyrule and were crafted by Zelda. Afterwards, Daruk can be seen with Link at the Castle's gazebo, while Zelda speaks to Mipha, Revali, and Urbosa. Daruk remarks that formal events wear him out. At Mipha's request, Zelda and the rest of the Champions pose for a Picture together. From behind the Sheikah Slate, Purah directs Daruk to crouch down, comparing his size to that of Death Mountain. Just before Purah takes the Picture, Daruk wraps his arms around the rest of the Champions, resulting in the Picture of the Champions.
Daruk later wrote about the event in his Training Journal, claiming that it felt good to be a Champion. He was also happy to speak to Link, as they had not seen each other in a while. While he was at Hyrule Castle, Daruk heard that Link has been chosen as Zelda's appointed knight, which he feels is a perfect fit. Supposedly, Link saved Zelda from a Guardian's laser with a Pot Lid, and the incident caught the eye of King Rhoam. Daruk is proud of Link for doing so.
During the "Subdued Ceremony" Recovered Memory, Daruk and the other Champions attend the ceremony in which Zelda officially appoints Link as her knight. Daruk remarks how discouraging the presentation sounds, saying Zelda is speaking as though they have already lost. This prompts Revali to quip that the entire ceremony was Daruk's idea.
In the third Recovered Memory, "Resolve and Grief," Zelda states her plans to head to Goron City, where she plans to help Daruk learn to pilot Divine Beast Vah Rudania. While he is capable of making it move, he has been stalled when it comes to doing much else. When Daruk asked Link for advice, Link shoved him into Rudania to wander around aimlessly. This method ended up working for Daruk, and he realized that Link's strength must come from his hard work. To thank Link, Daruk planned to give him gourmet sirloin rock.
During the "Daruk's Mettle" Recovered Memory, Daruk can be seen piloting Divine Beast Vah Rudania through the Eldin Mountains with Link. Daruk is overjoyed to finally be able to control his Divine Beast, and he is having fun doing so. He tells Link that the rest of the Champions will need to "eat their gravel" if they want to keep up with him. Turning away, Daruk admires the view of the Eldin Canyon, especially the "delectable" rocks sprinkled throughout. Though he does not know much about Calamity Ganon, Daruk swears to protect Hyrule to his death. Daruk slaps Link on his back while asking if he agrees, knocking Link off his balance.
Daruk congratulates Link on officially becoming Zelda's appointed knight. While Daruk states that it is a big deal to protect her, he insists he is not trying to put pressure on Link. He advises Link that Zelda has a strong personality, meaning she has a hard time seeing "the range for the peaks." So long as Link remembers this, Daruk believes he will be fine. The ground suddenly begins to shake, much to Daruk's confusion. Boulders fall from the peak above them, and Daruk uses his Protection to shield them both. While he tries to return to their conversation, Daruk is put off by how strange the event was. Death Mountain has been inactive for decades, but Daruk is concerned that it appears to be moving again. However, Daruk dismisses the thought, telling Link to forget he said anything. The Memory ends with Daruk staring up at Death Mountain.
In the final entry of Daruk's Training Journal, he noted that all Link had been doing was looking after Zelda as she conducted her research. As tough as her work had been, he heard that Zelda had been in a better mood and more talkative than she had been before. He also learned that Link had opened up to her about his problems regarding his important responsibilities as they were eating, which inspired Zelda to do the same. Daruk assumed that they bonded over their Food preference and was happy that they were on good terms. Throughout writing his Journal, Daruk realized that doing so makes him hungry.
During the "Return of Calamity Ganon" Recovered Memory, Daruk and the rest of the Champions can be seen waiting at the Lanayru Road - East Gate on the day of Zelda's 17th birthday. As Zelda approaches him, Daruk asks her what happened at the Spring of Wisdom. He is visibly disappointed to hear that Zelda did not unlock her sealing power. When Urbosa states that Mount Lanayru was not her last opportunity, Daruk nods in agreement. However, their discussion is interrupted by the ground suddenly shaking. Revali flies up into the sky to investigate, seeing that Calamity Ganon has emerged from below Hyrule Castle. When Urbosa discerns what has happened, Daruk states that it is time. Taking control of the situation, Daruk commands the Champions to return to their Divine Beasts. He goes on to say that, in order to support Link, their assault needs to be unified. He tells Link to go to Hyrule Castle, and while he can promise that the Champions will help him, it will be up to Link to defeat Calamity Ganon. As the Memory ends, Daruk rubs at the back of his head while everyone stares up at the Malice storm.
To reach Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Daruk had to cut through the Lanayru Wetlands, at which point he took the Ternio Trail and Mountain Road all the way up Death Mountain. By the time he arrived, the Divine Beast has already been overtaken by Fireblight Ganon. During the Great Calamity, Daruk was killed by Fireblight Ganon. In his honor, the Gorons added Daruk's visage to the Goron Stone Memorial in Goron City.
For 100 years, Daruk's spirit was trapped inside Divine Beast Vah Rudania. When Link enters Divine Beast Vah Rudania during the "Divine Beast Vah Rudania" Main Quest, he will hear the voice of Daruk greeting him. Daruk claims that he always believed that Link would come back, and he reasons that he is here to retake control of the Divine Beast. To do so, Daruk directs Link to the Guidance Stone, from which Link can obtain a Map of Rudania.
Upon activating the Guidance Stone, Daruk instructs Link to activate the five Terminals within Divine Beast Vah Rudania. As Link activates the Terminals, Daruk will cheer him on. After Link activates the final Terminal, Daruk sends him to the Main Control Unit and reminds him to stay focused. However, when Link attempts this, Malice will begin to swirl around the Main Control Unit. As Fireblight Ganon appears, Daruk reveals that it was responsible for defeating him 100 years ago. He wishes Link luck in his fight.
After defeating Fireblight Ganon, Link will be able to activate the Main Control Unit. When he does, Daruk's spirit will appear, congratulating him for taking back Divine Beast Vah Rudania. He thanks Link for freeing his spirit. However, Daruk feels the need to apologize, since his defeat led to Hyrule's current state. Now that Rudania is back under his control, Daruk is confident that he will be able to help in the fight against Calamity Ganon. He states his plan to take the Divine Beast to Death Mountain, and once Link infiltrates Hyrule Castle, he will unleash his attack on Ganon. He decides to give Daruk's Protection to Link, since he has no use for it as a spirit. Daruk creates a glowing red orb between his hands, which then launches itself into Link's chest.
After passing Daruk's Protection to Link, Daruk declares that it will live on inside of him. He wishes Link luck, and he asks him to give his regards to Zelda. Link will then be Warped out of Divine Beast Vah Rudania.
With Divine Beast Vah Rudania under his control, Daruk pilots it to the top of Death Mountain. The Divine Beast then takes aim at Hyrule Castle. Once this is done, Daruk declares that all he has to do now is wait for Link to enter Hyrule Castle, at which point they will unleash their attack on Calamity Ganon. Looking over Hyrule, Daruk remarks that it looks well, even after 100 years. He is relieved to see Goron City again, and he wonders how the Gorons have fared since the Great Calamity. While he does so, he catches sight of his descendant, Yunobo, nearby. Upon seeing him, Daruk is assuaged that the Gorons are still going strong, and he raises his fist in solidarity with Yunobo. In happiness, Yunobo begins to cheer and wave back at Daruk.
When The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack is active, Daruk's Training Journal will appear in Yunobo's house after he discovered it at the Abandoned North Mine. At the end of the "EX Champion Daruk's Song" Main Quest, Link will hear the voice of Daruk, who tells him he will be able to use Daruk's Protection more often. He then asks Link to pass on a message to Calamity Ganon for him: "Good riddance, bacon-breath!"
If Link chooses to repeat his fight with Fireblight Ganon in the Illusory Realm, Daruk will speak to him afterwards. In his first line of dialogue, he asks Link to tell Yunobo that he used to be shy when he was a child, and working hard, watching out for his brothers, and eating tasty rocks will make him even stronger than Daruk. In his second line of dialogue, Daruk recounts his first meeting with Link, and he claims he never thought he would meet a Hylian that he considered a brother. Due to how shocked he looked, Daruk believes it may be better if Link does not remember. In his third line of dialogue, Daruk recounts his issues with Dogs when he was a child, though he frames it as being a Monster. In his fourth line of dialogue, Daruk suggests that Link should read his Training Journal to help him with his memories. In his final line of dialogue, he is impressed that Link has come back to test his skills, and he believes he is strong enough to defeat Calamity Ganon.
When Link faces Calamity Ganon in the Astral Observatory, all of the freed Divine Beasts will unleash their attacks. Daruk cheers Link on, telling Ganon to open wide and he launches his laser towards Hyrule Castle. On its own, Daruk's attack removes 12.5% of Calamity Ganon's health. When combined with the other freed Divine Beasts' attacks, a total of half of Calamity Ganon's health will be removed.
Following Dark Beast Ganon's defeat, Daruk and the rest of the Champions can be seen on top of Hyrule Castle with King Rhoam. When Zelda and Link turn around to face them, they are gone.
Tears of the Kingdom
Although Daruk does not appear in Tears of the Kingdom, he is mentioned on several occasions. As part of the "A Picture for Foothill Stable" Side Quest, ozunda wants to display a Picture of the Daruk Sculpture at Foothill Stable.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Become slightly more difficult to launch, but movement speed decreases.|
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Daruk appears as a Spirit with the ability, Weight 🠅, which makes a Fighter weigh more so it is harder for them to be launched, but at the same time reduces their jump height and movement speed.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Upon learning of Hyrule's dark future from the Diminutive Guardian Terrako, she travels to the four corners of Hyrule for potential Champions who will pilot the Divine Beasts in their respective regions. Among one of them is Daruk, who lives in Goron City with the rest of his fellow kin.
In the Daruk, the Goron Hero Scenario, when asked to pilot Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Daruk assures them that he will always be willing to support his allies in any way he can especially to a sincere one. He does bring up a problem with Rudania being located in a difficult spot at the moment, Death Mountain's crater, not helped that there's a monster infestation there. He then insists that they must climb the mountain to reach it, and rallies them up as he heads there. However, the path is full of monsters that are disrupting the work at the Goron Southern Mines, so they had to secure the area first and make sure they don't try to attack it again. After the defeat of the Igneo Talus, Daruk takes a liking to Link for his strength as well as his appetite for various foods, which Daruk also has those traits and dubs him a sworn brother of the Gorons. The group arrives at the top of the mountain with the Divine Beast at the crator, Daruk gets excited at getting Vah Rudania up and running again, as he boards it to launch a counterstrike against the monsters that are attacking the mines; despite having some difficulty controlling it, Daruk eventually got the hang of it. Once the dusts settled, Daruk states that they've pulled through despite that they did a battle they did not expect to take part in, and he brings up the subject about him piloting Rudania, he eagerly accepts his role and wishes to pummel Calamity Ganon to ensure Hyrule remains peaceful. Daruk notes that they might be starving after what they've gone through and gives Link his favorite meal: Prime Rock Roast. Link bites into it and Impa and Princess Zelda are shocked at what he just did, which Daruk thought he forgot to give them some Rock Roast, when in reality, its not part of the Hylian diet at all, yet he promises to bring some next time.
In The Yiga Clan Attacks! Scenario, after the Champions are gathered, Daruk travels with the soldiers through Castle Town as Princess Zelda calibrate the Divine Beasts to make it easier for the Champions to control. During their travels, he bonds with the Zora Princess, Mipha when she asked him if he wants to train with her since she desired to be better prepared to handle stronger foes and fend for herself. Daruk accepts her request and adds that they still haven't found a knight who wields the darkness sealing sword who can stand against Calamity Ganon, which Mipha agrees, and looks over at Link and saw potential in him in fulfilling this role and his chuckle implies that he possibly knew of her crush on Link but doesn't say anything about it. Soon, they are ambushed by the Yiga Clan led by Sooga who sought to take Zelda's life as Mipha, Daruk, and the rest of the soldiers take on a fighting stance. Princess Zelda and Link withdraw for safety as the Champions and other soldiers engage in battle with the cult that worships Ganon, but it turned out to be a diversion bent on separating everyone from the princess and a fire forced Link and Zelda into the open. Sooga throws three kunai at Zelda when she was left seemingly defenseless, only for Link to block the sharp projectiles. Sooga then calls for a retreat and he and the Yiga Clan leave the area.
In the Freeing Korok Forest Scenario, Daruk joins the Champions as they head to Korok Forest which was overrun by monsters. Revali is honored to take on the important task of defending Hyrule, but he soon decides to have a little fun poking at Link and questioning his leadership and Daruk defends the Hylian and reminds him that they're dealing with the threat together, but Revali dismisses him, before he goes back to hurling insults at Link until Urbosa scolds him. Revali stops as he decides to prove his worth as he summons Divine Beast Vah Medoh and destroys the monsters as well as their outposts that surround the area before allowing them to go into the forest. During their expedition, Mipha notes on the forest's foggy state which Revali makes a complaint about their progress, which Daruk insisted that he should fly and scout the area. which an annoyed Revali snaps back at him. They soon meet Hestu, who was trying to get their attention, to Daruk's surprise. Hestu introduces himself and has knowledge of the correct paths, and Daruk asks him to guide them to the clearing, but Hestu grew afraid of dealing with the monsters that infest the woods. Revali makes a remark that he can get around safely if he didn't have his maracas with him and Urbosa tells Hestu to pay no heed to him and offers to protect him from the monsters in exchange for his help in reaching the forest clearing. Hestu happily complies as he leads the way. They notice odd appearances of Malice and four evil doppelgangers of the Champions including Daruk, called Hollows created by the mysterious seer, Astor. With the Champions separated from Link and Zelda, Astor has the duo overwhelmed and orders them to kill the princess, but Link pulls the Master Sword, and its light dispels the Hollows before they can reach her and Astor is forced into withdrawal as he knew he wouldn't stand a chance at this point. Daruk and the Champions arrive at the clearing to listen to the Great Deku Tree's words of wisdom. It was there that Princess Zelda starts feeling anxious about her unfulfilled duty to unlock her power needed to defeat Calamity Ganon.
In The Road Home, Besieged Scenario, On their journey back to Hyrule Castle, everyone including Daruk stops as Zelda voices her doubts about awakening her power, but she is calmed when Terrako plays her lullaby which she recalls, but they are interrupted by the monsters that surround the castle. After that, Daruk can be seen cheering Link on with the Hylian Soldiers as he was eating various foods as Urbosa was giving the princess a pep talk. Eventually, Daruk and the Champions are promoted and bestowed blue cloths that signify their status; Daruk replaces his left Goron chain for the new blue sash with Divine Beast Vah Rudania embedded on it. After the inauguration ceremony, Daruk and the others hang out outside and as Impa and Terrako begin arguing, Mipha reminds Daruk about their earlier conversation, and he happily decides to get down to it. Mipha is grateful but finds herself in an embarrassing situation when she noticed Link listening to her reasons why she wants to get stronger, and Revali is caught in the fight that does not want to be involved in and becomes aggravated by their behavior enough for him to leave the area in disgust. After that, Daruk and the Champions head home to prepare for the inevitable. King Rhoam begins evacuating the civilians to keep the casualties to a minimum and the soldiers are transferred to the garrisons to defend two significant strongholds, Akkala Citadel and Fort Hateno, as far as he is concerned, if any of the strongholds fall, Hyrule's doom is certain.
In the Calamity Strikes Scenario, Daruk is seen appearing via teleportation on Eldin Tower when he notices something wrong and when he gets a closer look, he is horrified to see Calamity Ganon surrounding Hyrule Castle, and the Sheikah Towers across the kingdom are powered down by Ganon's influence, leaving Daruk without any choice but to board Divine Beast Vah Rudania to launch a counterstrike. Because Ganon came earlier than expected, Link and Zelda were just leaving for Mt Lanayru so the latter can train at the Spring of Wisdom, and they returned to the castle to save the king. However, Rhoam orders them to leave and sacrifices himself to the corrupted Guardians to ensure their safety, to Zelda's horror. Zelda is despondent over the terrible situation and her tears hit Terrako's eye screw and it summons time portals which head for the Divine Beasts and Impa realized that hope is not yet lost, but they only have a short amount of time to save the Champions and the Divine Beasts form their fates.
In the Water and Fire Scenario, Daruk is in a tough battle with Fireblight Ganon and resorted to using Daruk's Protection to shield against its attacks, being as defiant as he could. Eventually, Fireblight managed to shatter Daruk's forcefield, rendering him tired and defenseless and it tosses a ball of fire at him. Daruk braces himself for impact but before he could meet his end, a time portal appears and Yunobo lands in front of him and raises his similar forcefield, leaving Daruk flabbergasted by another Goron sharing the same power as him. Yunobo shields another attack and assures Daruk that he will help him. After Mipha and Sidon are saved from Waterblight Ganon, the former cools the lava flow that blocks the path to Rudania once Igneo Talus is destroyed. Yunobo becomes apprehensive of Fireblight and Daruk returns the favor and tells him to remain calm, and Yunobo shifts back into focus, stating that there isn't a point in needing to be saved when they just saved someone's life, putting Daruk in a good mood, as help arrives and Daruk chuckles and restarts the fight. After Fireblight is vanquished, Daruk takes a moment to thank Link for coming to his aid, and Yunobo for saving his life in his most dire moment. When Sidon explains to Mipha that he somehow came to the future, but Daruk laughs it off as it didn't make sense, before turning his attention to Zelda and asks what became of Hyrule Castle. After that, Daruk takes Yunobo as they prepare to protect eastern Hyrule from the Guardians and monsters that invade it. Yunobo gushes at him, calling him the "Great Daruk", but the annoyed Goron Champion tells him not to call him by any formalities, and the sheepish Yunobo replies that he can't make any promises, and Daruk laughs as he turns his focus on protecting their allies. They move to defend the Hyrulean Army's defensive line until they can destroy the bridges and cut off enemy reinforcements before taking out the enemy's main stronghold to stem the flow of attacks on the defensive line, especially from the corrupted Guardians.
In the Guardian of Remembrance DLC, EX Battle for Kakariko Village Scenario, Daruk and Yunobo take Rudania to Kakariko Village where they battle the Yiga Clan and the monsters. They are successful and the Sheikah civilians cheer for them. Yunobo saw how Daruk was so brave and since the Goron youth wasn't very brave himself in the beginning, he is hesitant to take credit, to Daruk's concern. Yunobo explains that he used to be cowardly and practically afraid of everything, until he met a certain friend who helped him find his courage that he needed that led to him saving Daruk from death, before the Goron Champion grabs his hand and holds it high as they receive another round of applause from the crowd of people below them. Daruk expresses pride in Yunobo regardless and dubs him the Champion of the future. Yunobo was flattered, and Daruk asks him to tell that friend of his to give him his regards, making Yunobo feel better.
In the Relentless as a Waterfall Scenario, Daruk and Yunobo back up Mipha and Sidon as Vah Ruta is losing steam while Mipha is busy healing the Hylian Soldiers of their wounds. With the help of Daruk and Yunobo, they hold off the line until the soldiers destroy the bridge with a cannonball just as the Malice Guardians cross it and they jump down to destroy them.
In the Each Step Like Thunder Scenario, Daruk returns to his Divine Beast and with Mipha and Revali, they assist Urbosa and Riju when they were outnumbered by another wave of monsters. Several events happen after that, Princess Zelda had awakened her power to save Link from Astor and the Blight Ganons, the latter creatures were revived by the spirits of the Yiga Clan the treachrous prophet had reaped. Because of this, Master Kohga and the surviving members (minus Sooga as his fate is uncertain), defect to Zelda's side and Purah activates a failsafe that wiped out the majority of the Guardian Stalkers that made up Ganon's main army, giving Hyrule an advantage over Ganon. King Rhoam is revealed to have survived thanks to the device, known as the Ancient Guardian Shield, given by his daughter earlier.
In the All Hyrule United Scenario, Daruk, along with the Champions, Divine Beasts, as well as the soldiers of all races are summoned by Purah when she reactivates and supercharges the Sheikah Towers to unite them into a single army. Daruk, and Yunobo, are hyped for the battle of a lifetime. With her father's blessing, Zelda takes command of the united army in a full-scale assault against Calamity Ganon. The dark beast made attempts at keeping its defenses up, the warriors brought down the monsters that maintain it so Zelda can dispel it with her power. Daruk and the other Champions take the opportunity to open fire as the Divine Beasts lasers weaken Ganon, but the Blood Moon rises, and revives the fallen monsters. the armies persevere as they charge into Hyrule Castle to take it back and confront Astor and Harbinger Ganon.
In The Future of Hyrule Scenario, Princess Zelda leads the ground army and Revali, alongside Teba, leading the Rito forces from the air. The Blight Ganons attempt to hold them back but are ultimately destroyed forever and they defeated Astor and the Harbinger as well. Astor is completely unstable as he orders Ganon to destroy the warriors that stand against him, but he is absorbed by Ganon's Malice to take on a new form and some of its Malice takes control of Terrako, forcing Link and Zelda to duel it. With Terrako damaged, Daruk and the others join her as they mourn for it. The now angered Zelda becomes determined to stop Ganon by any means possible as they head upstairs into the Sanctum where Ganon awaited them. The dark beast proved to be too powerful for them and their attacks don't work against it and Zelda used her power to try and seal it, but it indirectly powers up Terrako, who uses the last of its strength to run upstairs and jump between them, sacrificing itself in the process to shatter Ganon's invincibility. Because of Terrako's actions, the warriors managed to weaken it enough for Link to charge at it. Daruk, and Revali, root for him as Link jumps and, with the Blade of Evil's Bane, cleaves Ganon to weaken it further and Princess Zelda uses her power to finally seal Ganon away and restore peace to the land of Hyrule. With their purposes in the past fulfilled, Terrako's screw sends the adult Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, and Riju back to their timelines. Daruk bids farewell to Yunobo and promises that he will always cherish their time together, despite it being so short, and Yunobo praises him back. Zelda then tells the future counterparts that their efforts will never be forgotten as they vanish and wishes them a brighter future than ever before.
In the Terrako's Return Quest, with Hyrule at peace, the warriors decide to repay Terrako for its miracles that significantly changed their fates for the better and Daruk takes part in finding fifty of its components and brings them to the Lab where Terrako is being rebuilt. Terrako isn't working right, and they became worried. Revali insists that it's likely still waking up, and Impa tries to wake it up herself, before Zelda stops her and stands in front of it. Within a full minute, Terrako became responsive, much to their relief, and reunites with the princess once more. During the end credits following these events, Terrako visits each of its allies and even paid Daruk a visit and he jumps for joy in greetings as it moved on. Daruk is seen with everyone and pulls the Champions and Terrako in for a group hug.
During the DLC ending, Daruk and Yunobo sit at a cliff as they enjoy their Prime Rock Roasts together. In another scene, Daruk and Yunobo are then seen with the present and future Champions as they talk among themselves and smile at Terrako. After that, Daruk and the Champions are at the Sheikah Tower, having already returned to their original attires, and they watched as Princess Zelda floats away on a paraglider with Terrako coming along. The princess of Hyrule saw how beautiful the land of Hyrule was and appears to be recovering nicely after the second Great Calamity and notes how it was all worth saving.
- An amiibo based on Daruk released on November 10th. This amiibo is compatible with Breath of the Wild's DLC packs.
- Daruk's nickname for Link, "little guy," was inspired by Darunia referring to the Hero of Time as "brother."
|Names in Other Regions|
|ダルケル (Darukeru) (BotW | SSBU)|
|達爾克爾 (Dáěrkèěr) (BotW | SSBU)|
|达尔克尔 (Dáěrkèěr) (BotW | SSBU)|
|Daruk (BotW | HWAoC)|
|Daruk (BotW | HWAoC)|
|Daruk (BotW | HWAoC)|
|Дарук (Daruk) (BotW)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Boulder Breaker
- Daruk's Protection
- Daruk's Training Journal
- Divine Beast Vah Rudania
- "Let those other Champions know, they better eat their gravel if they wanna keep up with Daruk." — AbdallahSmash026 and Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Part 89 | Attacking Vah Rudania With Yunobo! , YouTube (Video), published April 6, 2017, retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "The song my teacher left behind... There's a verse about the trials that Champion Daruk overcame." — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Explorer's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 89, 90
Goron Champion" — Game Screen (Breath of the Wild)
- "I never imagined the Great Daruk would have a weakness." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Who do you think you are...Lord Daruk? It's dangerous to go in there, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 377
- "We're a stepping-stone for folks who want to do some sightseeing in Goron City off to the northwest. So, I was thinking, maybe I'll hang a painting of the sculpture of the Goron Champion, Daruk. You know...the big statue that's sculpted into the mountain overlooking the city." — Ozunda (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "A descendant of Champion Daruk, from the future. While he is a bit of a coward, he is brave when it counts. He fights for Hyrule and to save those he cares about." — Gallery (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Daruk, the Goron Hero" — Map (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Goron Stalwart" — Game Screen (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hahaha! Score one for the Great Daruk!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Lord Daruk! Monsters are on the attack!" — Goron Captain (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Steadfast Champion's Greatsword
A weapon for battling the rising Calamity, specially forged by order of the royal family. It's designed to match the great size of the Great Daruk, hero of the Gorons." — Allies (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I owe you big for this. Because of you, my spirit is finally free. Can't thank you enough!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've heard that voice... Are you the one who's been talking to us this whole time, goro?" — Yunobo (Tears of the Kingdom)
"Yes. I am your ancestor from a time long past. I served the first king of Hyrule as a mighty warrior and as a sage who, like you, could command fire." — Sage of Fire (Tears of the Kingdom)
Yunobo is the grandchild of the Champion Daruk. He has an adult body but still has some growing up to do. He is easily frightened by monsters and isn't exactly what one might call brave, but, driven by thoughts of protecting his people, he gathers enough courage to aid Link in quelling the Divine Beast Vah Rudania. He is earnest and naive, readily believing nearly anything anyone tells him." (Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 122)
- "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Video Game)
Daruk (Japanese version, voice, as Kouji Takeda)" — n.a., Kôji Takeda - IMDb , IMDb, published n.d., retrieved September 29, 2018.
- "Happy Birthday #ZeldaBreathoftheWild!
This game means so much to me on both a personal and professional level, getting to breathe life into Daruk and Yunobo was a journey I’ll never forget. Thank you for everything!" — @JoeHernandezVO on Twitter, March 3, 2023 (Archive)
- "Boulder Breaker
This two-handed weapon was once wielded by the Goron Champion Daruk. Daruk made swinging it around look easy, but a Hylian would need an immense amount of strength." — Inventory (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "Daruk" — Game Screen (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "The Divine Beast Vah Rudania, controlled by Daruk of the Gorons." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Darkel (or literally Darukeru) is a Goron warrior who lives in the mountains of Hyrule. He’s normally calm, but when entering battles, he changes into a very brave warrior that screams loudly while sweeping away enemies." — Brian, New Zelda: Breath of the Wild character details , Nintendo Everything, published February 1, 2017, retrieved February 3, 2017.
- "Daruk's Protection
A protective power containing the perfect defense of the Champion Daruk. It will automatically protect you from all manner of attacks as long as you're holding ." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "As a kid, dogs always chased me." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, little guy! Listen, I'm trusting ya to keep a secret, OK? Between you and me, there was once a monster I just couldn't beat. I hated that stupid thing! When I was young, I stepped on its tail, and it went "ARP!" and "RUFF!" and "GRRRR!" Nasty critter. I can still see its awful face and sharp fangs. Facing your fears is certainly no walk in the bark. I mean...park." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I still panic when I see one o' those critters." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Boulder Breaker
This two-handed weapon was once wielded by the Goron Champion Daruk. Daruk made swinging it around look easy, but a Hylian would need an immense amount of strength." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "You know the valley at Gortram Cliff, southwest of Gorko Tunnel? It was made by Daruk with his Boulder Breaker in one night!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Why?! Why do ya think? To make it easier for us Gorons to get all that tasty rock roast!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's even a rumor that Daruk... used it to fan himself sometimes." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm gonna start writin' in this "diary" thing startin'...now. Ugh, a diary... Maybe I'll call it my training journal. They say all ya gotta do is write down stuff that happens. Us Gorons prefer the simple life, so I hope simple stuff counts." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let's see. For today's journal entry, what should I write about? Oh, I know! I had some rock roast from the peak of Death Mountain. It was delicious! I think I'll eat more of it soon." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I talked to some Hylians at the base of the mountain. All anyone wants to talk about these days is Calamity Ganon." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Reminds me of when those tiny Sheikah came to Death Mountain a few years ago to dig up that Divine Beast or whatever. The Hylians were sayin' that beast thing is a weapon someone will need to learn how to control." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Back in the good ol' days, Gorons didn't worry about relics we couldn't eat. Mmm... Now I'm hungry. Maybe I'll track down a prime rock roast for one of my dinners tonight" — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Today I saw someone bein' attacked when I was out lookin' for lunch rocks at the peak." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "He was a little tiny guy, so I rushed down the mountain to help him. I was shocked to find he was handy with a sword! By the time I rolled his way, he'd already taken out all the monsters! I couldn't help but admire his Goron-like strength." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "While I was distracted, a monster almost got the jump on me. He stopped it. The Great Daruk...saved by a tiny Hylian. I must have had a dopey look on my face when that happened. Hope he didn't notice." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "That little Hylian from before is named Link. He's got a respectable appetite. Loves to eat meat, fruit, vegetables... all sorts of things a decent person wouldn't dream of eating." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link will cook up and eat just about anything. I offered him some Grade A rock roast to help refine his palette. I asked him how it tasted. He liked it so much he was speechless. I knew Hylians could eat rocks too." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Eating isn't the only thing Link and I have in common. The little guy is also incredibly strong!" — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "He said sometimes when he focuses, it feels like time slows down. Heh! I really like that guy." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "He's the type of guy you can trust to have your back and also have a nice hearty meal with. Yeah! That settles it! From now on, Link is an official brother." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hyrule's little princess came to Goron City and asked me to pilot the Divine Beast. I said yes." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah! Count me in, tiny princess." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm the fearless Daruk, after all! And if Hyrule needs my help, I'll gladly lay down my life." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thank you, Daruk!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Not sure if it's Calamity Ganon's fault or what, but I hear monsters have been attacking people more than ever lately." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Times like these...you shouldn't leave the castle without a horde of mighty Gorons to watch your back." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "You sound like Father. He's assigning a knight to watch over me wherever I go. I hear the top contender is the most accomplished swordsman in all of Hyrule." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh, that could only be..." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? What the... They really are all over the place these days." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? Is someone being attacked?" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Cowards! Wait here, Princess." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmph! Spineless little cuccos! No monster stands a chance when fighting me, the almighty Daruk!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're safe." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "It seems our friend here was the one being attacked. Precious boy. You saved his life!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good riddance...and stay safe. I'm sorry ya had to see that side o' me." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "So tell me...Princess..." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
"Yes?" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
"Calamity Ganon isn't, uh... some kind of a dog monster, is he?" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Great Daruk never turns down someone in need! When I said I would, the princess seemed really happy." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "There will be four Champions to control four Divine Beasts, and one swordsman to take on Ganon. Including the princess, our anti-Ganon team is six strong, made up of all different kinds of people." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "This has the making of an epic feast. I got the ball rollin' by giving the princess my best rock roast." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "She said thanks, but...I think she was holdin' back a grimace. Must have had somethin' foul on her mind." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm sure this is some part of Lord Daruk's secret Goron champ training. Intense!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "♪Crawling flame on a mighty peak.
Rudania's Champion, never weak.♪
♪The hero's power shall grow.
Seek trials monuments show.♪
♪One, stop of titan of molten stone.
Two, follow rings of light alone.♪
♪Three, survive lava's fiery fate.
Champion, trials await!♪" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- "I officially appoint you Hyrule's Champions and bestow upon you this sacred garb. That blue is a symbol of the Royal Family, one that has been passed down for countless generations. Those garments you now wear were all crafted by my daughter, Zelda." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "I tell ya, those formal shindigs really take it outta me." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Um, Princess... May I ask a special favor of you?" — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "All right! This spot should work nicely. Keep your eyes on the Sheikah Slate, everyone!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Daruk, can you crouch down a bit? You're as big as Death Mountain." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm a Champion now. Feels good." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hadn't talked with Link in a while, so seeing him at the inauguration ceremony was nice. It was a good day." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, word has it Link has been chosen as Zelda's appointed knight. I can't think of a better brother for the job." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hear one of those ancient machine things went nuts during some test and shot out deadly beams! With true Goron spirit, Link grabbed a pot lid from the ground and deflected the blast. He nailed the thing in its weak spot and saved the day. His bravery caught the king's eye, and not long after that, he was appointed to guard Zelda!" — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'd expect nothin' less from the little guy!" — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Gee, this is uplifting... She's making it sound like we already lost." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wasn't this your idea? You're the one who wanted to designate the appointed knight with all the ceremonial pomp, grandeur, and nonsense we could muster!" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "From here, we'll make our way to Goron City. Then, we'll need some adjustments on that Divine Beast so Daruk can manage it as easily as possible." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "He's figured out how to get it to move... However, it's apparent that we still have much more to learn." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've been chosen to pilot Rudania, but I was havin' trouble controlling it. I was the only Champion who was struggling." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I asked Link for advice, but he just shoved me into the Divine Beast so I could explore it aimlessly all day." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't explain it. but by the end of the day, I was able to control Rudania just how I wanted to! I guess experience is the best teacher. Little guy's strength must come from workin' hard and never givin' up." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good lesson, brother! As thanks, I'm gonna treat him to some gourmet sirloin rock." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yeah! I think I'm finally getting the hang of controlling this Divine Beast! I tell you what...sure is a blast piloting a toy like this around." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let those other Champions know, they better eat their gravel if they wanna keep up with Daruk." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Speaking of which, can you believe this view? Just look at all those delectable rocks sprinkled on those mountains... Mighty tasty." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I may not know a whole lot about this Calamity Ganon thing... but mark my words, I'll protect this land of ours to the death!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Right, little guy?" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, by the way...congrats on becoming the princess's appointed knight." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "That's a really big deal! Protecting the king's daughter... No pressure!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Seriously, though. The princess is a strong personality—so strong she can't quite see the range for the peaks." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Remember that, and you'll be fine." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "What the—?!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "All right, so what was I saying... That was a little strange..." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "As far as I know, Death Mountain has been quiet for decades. But if the mountain is shivering enough to send down a bunch of boulders that size, then—" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Never mind. Forget I said anything." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "All my Hylian brother seems to do these days is watch over the tiny princess while she does her research." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "It looks like tough work, but the princess seems a lot happier and talks more since she's been doin' it, so it must be OK." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hear the little guy finally opened up about his troubles to the princess while they were shovelin' food. Surprisingly, she opened up right back. Said somethin' princessy like, "I guess we're the same, you and I."" — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Sounds heavy. They must have been bondin' over their food preferences. That'll do it, all right." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Speakin' of openin' up, all this journal writin' has made me realize somethin' about myself... Writing makes me hungry." — Daruk's Training Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well? Don't keep us in suspense. How'd everything go up there on the mountain?" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "After all, it's not like your last shot was up there on Mt. Lanayru." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's here." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "This is it, then..." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let's stop wasting time! We're gonna need everything we got to take that thing down! Now Champions! To your Divine Beasts!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Show that swirling swine who's boss! Link will need to meet Ganon head on when we attack! This needs to be a unified assault!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Little guy! You get to Hyrule Castle. You can count on us for support. But it's up to you to pound Ganon into oblivion!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 383
- "He appeared from deep below Hyrule Castle, seized control of the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, and turned them against us." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Champions lost their lives. Those residing in the castle as well." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Watch yourself now! That ugly pain in the crag is Ganon's handiwork. Thing got the best of my a hundred years ago." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 400
- "Hey, little guy! Long time no see." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I always knew you'd come back. Y'know, I never stopped believing in you! You're here to take control of ol' Rudania back from Ganon, eh?" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're gonna need a map that shows the guts of this place. You can grab the info from the Guidance Stone over there. Now get a move on!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nice job getting the map of the Divine Beast! The terminals that control Rudania are noted by the glowing points on your map. To take back Rudania, you'll need to activate all of the terminals. You got this, little guy!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are four terminals remaining! That's the way!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are three terminals remaining! All right, let's get movin'!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are two terminals remaining! Just one more!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nice! That was the last terminal! Now go ahead and start up the main control unit! There should be a new glowing mark on your map. You're gonna need to make your way over to that. Stay focused, little guy!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good luck, little guy! Go get 'im!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Great work, little guy!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I feel like I should apologize. I was doing all I could to protect Hyrule when that thing got the best of me. Sorry that me resting with the rubble caused such a mess." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "The good news is, Rudania is now back under our control! That means that our century-old Ganon beat-down plan can finally go into effect!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I want to give you something. It's a special power of mine called Daruk's Protection. It's no good to me now that I'm a spirit... but it might be useful for you." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here it comes!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "From this moment forth, the power of protection, from the depths of my soul, now lives inside you." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good luck, little guy! And give my regards to the princess." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, that oughta do it! We're set here, now we just gotta wait for the perfect shot. Once Link is in the castle, Rudania will unleash an epic blast. Ganon won't know what hit 'im!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hyrule looks pretty good from up here... even after a hundred years." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "The ol' rolling grounds sure are a sight for sore eyes. I wonder how the Gorons fared after the Great Calamity. I sure hope everyone down there is still going strong after every—" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Well look at that! Still going strong indeed!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Daruk's Protection is now ready to roll!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Training journal?] That's right! I found it when I was cleanin' out the Abandoned North Mine where we met. Lord Daruk's training journal is at my house now, goro." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I knew ya could do it, little guy! Now you can use Daruk's Protection more than ever." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "If ya see that Ganon jerk, give him a message for me... Good riddance, bacon-breath!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Little guy! Can ya pass along a message to the youngster for me? Tell him, when I was young, nobody gave me the tome o' day. I was green as grass and timid and a mouse! Just work hard, watch out for your brothers, and eat lots of tasty rocks. Do that, and you'll be stronger than me! It'd be great if you could tell him that for me, brother." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey there, little guy! Say, do ya remember when we first met? Honestly... I never thought I'd find a Hylian strong enough to be considered a true brother!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was so shocked, bet I had a dopey look on my face. Maybe it's best if ya don't remember that part." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Little guy! I'm guessing your memory's still scrambled, yeah? Well... Maybe it'd help if you'd read that thing about our memories. Ya know, the one from back in the good ol' days. What's that thing? Oh, yeah, my diary. I mean...my training journal. I bet it's still around. What? Surprised I kept a journal? If you're curious, try to find it!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, little guy! So ya came to test your skills again, huh?With the strength you've mustered, I'm sure beating down Calamity Ganon will be a piece of slate!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let's go, little guy! Now! Open up wide, Ganon!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "What you'll learn about me is that I never refuse a sincere request. So of course, I'm on board on your plan!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hmm... Except... there is one problem. Well, it's just Vah Rudania is in a difficult spot right now. The Divine Beast was found pretty high up on Death Mountain. A lot of monsters have been crawling around lately, so even getting close to o' Rudania is a big pain. Only the bravest go up there now..." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "So that's why it's a good thing it's gonna be us!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Come on! Death Mountain won't climb itself!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Seeing it again, it's even bigger than I remembered! Let's get right to it, then. Ooo, I can't wait!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "That was unexpected, but we pulled through to the end. You really proved yourself, eh, little guy?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Now, about me piloting Rudania... Well, go ahead and count the mighty Daruk in!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)}
- "Of course! We'll smash that Calamity Ganon jerk to smithereens." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Ooh, wait a minute. You must be starving after all that fighting. I know just the cure for that. My favorite... Prime Rock Roast! Doesn't it look delicious? Why don'tca dig in, little guy?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Gah, sorry! How thoughtless of me-I should have brought some for you, tiny princess! Next time, I promise to bring enough for everyone." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Daruk, I have a request. Might I... join you for training next time? I would like to be fully prepared. Learning new ways to fight foes might do me some good." — Mipha (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Of course! The more, the merrier! The thing is, we still need a knight gritty enough to seal the darkness, and they're nowhere to be found." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Y-yes" — Mipha (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Although hey! If you see anybody that- *chuckles*" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "It doesn't matter who's the leader. We're all in this together, right?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You are, of course, mistaken. My Divine Beast is the key! Really now... It makes no sense." — Revali (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Revali, how long do you expect us to put up with your prattle, huh?" — Urbosa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Are we even making progress? We could just be going in circles." — Revali (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Good point. If only someone could fly above and scout the way." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "As though I could see anything in this muck. Honestly, do you ever think before you speak?" — Revali (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Huh? Where'd you come from?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "That's great! Mind guiding us through the fog, then?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hey, you! Don't go ruinin' my good name, ya hear?!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "So, Daruk... About what we discussed..." — Mipha (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Ah, so you're ready to begin your training. Let's get to it!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Thank you. I hope to become stronger so I can fight... alongside..." — Mipha (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Oh! No, I-I was just um... Ah..." — Mipha (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "All righty. A good spot for Rudania would be...Huh? No... I can't believe it!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "No way, monster!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Wait. That's my power... Who are you?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Um, well... Don't worry about that. I'm here to help!" — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Stay calm, kiddo." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You're right, sir. I will! If I came here to save you but you have to save me, then what's the point?!" — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Yes! That's the spirit!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Alright. Let's try that again from the top!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Well, the deed is done! We should all thank you. You really came through, little guy!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Yunobo, wasn't it? I owe you some thanks, too! Without your help, I'd have been in deep trouble." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I... know this is hard to swallow, but I journeyed here from the future." — Sidon (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "None of this makes sense, but oh well. We have bigger rocks to roast." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Princess, please tell us. What happened at the castle?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "That's why you're the Great Daruk!" — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I told you to drop the formalities, Yunobo." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Sorry, but I don't think I can." — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! Fine, let's go. Hyrule needs us, kid!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Urgh! N-no, not me! They're not here to see me. They want a real Champion, like you." — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Oh?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Before I came here... I was afraid of everything. But there was someone who wanted to fight at my side anyway, goro. That person... he's the one who taught me how to be brave! It's because of him that I've come this far. But I... still have a long way to go." — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I'm proud that you're my descendent. You are the champion... ... of the whole future. And don't you forget it!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Great Daruk, I'm so..." — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "And about that courageous friend of yours... it seems I owe him as well. So, you better give him all my best, all right?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Yeah!" — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Time to rock and rampage! Yeah, Yunobo?" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Yes, sir! Let's do this!" — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "C'mon!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Take this!" — Revali (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Here it comes!" — Urbosa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "We must!" — Mipha (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You can do it, little guy!" — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Don't screw this up!" — Revali (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Thanks for everything, Yunobo. We didn't get much time together, but I'll always cherish it." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I will too! It was so much fun. You're the best, Daruk!" — Yunobo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Eh heh heh heh heh heh." — Daruk (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You will be able to use these four amiibo in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Of course you'll be able to use these in the DLC packs you just saw." — Eiji Aonuma, Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 , Youtube, published June 13, 2017, retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Daruk is reminiscent of Darunia from Ocarina of Time. Daruk calling Link "little guy" is an homage to Darunia calling the hero "brother." I designed him to have the straightforward nature of the Gorons while also being the elder spiritual leader of the Champions.
Cinematic Design: Naoki Mori" (Creating a Champion, Dark Horse Books, pg. 86)
- "Daruk" — Gallery (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)