Dark Beast Ganon
Breath of the Wild
Hatred and Malice Incarnate: Dark Beast Ganon is the final boss of Breath of the Wild. He is a gigantic, porcine beast covered by Malice and is the purest form of Ganon's rage. Dark Beast Ganon is fought in Hyrule Field after Link defeats Calamity Ganon in Hyrule Castle's Astral Observatory. Following his defeat, Calamity Ganon flees to Hyrule Field where he sheds his mortal form and abandons his attempt to reincarnate as Calamity Ganon in exchange for power, drawing from all of his Malice. Zelda transports Link beside his Horse to engage Dark Beast Ganon in combat, offering up the only unbreakable weapon to repel him, the Bow of Light. Despite this, it is possible to damage Ganon with the Twilight Bow, Ancient Arrows, or from Sword Beams from the Master Sword.
After the battle begins, Dark Beast Ganon will fire a beam of dark energy from his mouth towards Link, dealing 72 base damage. Zelda will warn Link that the Malice encasing Dark Beast Ganon's body renders any attacks on him useless, so she plans to use her power to hold the Malice back, opening parts of Ganon's body to attack. She does so by manifesting various sigils of light on numerous spots of Dark Beast Ganon's body, encouraging Link to attack when she does so and reporting successful hits. These sigils initially appear on Ganon's shoulder, ribs and thigh on either side of his body. If Link takes too long, Zelda will be unable to hold back the Malice and the magical circles will disappear until she regains enough strength to try again.
After Link has successfully struck Dark Beast Ganon six times, a sigil will appear on Ganon's stomach. When this magical circle has been struck, Dark Beast Ganon will expose the core of his being: a gigantic eyeball located on his nape. During this period, the sky will turn red, akin to a Blood Moon. To reach his core, Link must use the updrafts created by Ganon's dark energy beams, or Revali's Gale to become level with it. As Link draws the Bow of Light, Zelda will urge Link to deliver the final blow.
Upon the final blow being delivered, Zelda will escape from Dark Beast Ganon's core and glow with a holy light, stripping Ganon of his corporeal form and returning him to his ethereal state. In his desperation, Ganon attempts to attack Zelda, only to be driven back and engulfed by a sphere of golden light that destroys him.
In certain Adventure Mode Battles, Ganon is also known as Dark Beast Ganon during his introductory cutscene. Dark Beast Ganon is identical in every respect to his Legend Mode counterpart. In Battle A6 of the Adventure Map, along with every other Map that has a final battle with Ganon, the credits sequence will begin to play immediately upon Dark Beast Ganon's defeat.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hatred and Malice Incarnate
Dark Beast Ganon" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Finish him, Link!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Dark Beast Ganon" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
Ganon is a monstrous embodiment of evil. Ganon is typicall the final boss of the final dungeon in the titles in which he appears. He frequently wields a trident and may take several forms. In some titles, a battle with Ganondorf intensifies after the Gerudo King transforms into Ganon. In Twilight Princess, he appears as Dark Beast Ganon. Ganon also appears in the Oracle series when Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are linked. See also page 20, Phantom Ganon, Puppet Ganon." (Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 179)
- "... Ganon... Ganon... Ganon was born out of a dark past. He is a pure embodiment of the ancient evil that is reborn time and time again... He has given up on reincarnation and assumed his pure, enraged form. If set free upon our world, the destruction will be unlike anything ever seen before." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I entrust you with the Bow of Light—a powerful weapon in the face of evil. Link...you may not yet be at a point where you have fully recovered your power or all of your memories... But courage need not be remembered... For it is never forgotten." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Bow of Light
Princess Zelda gave you this bow and arrow for the battle with Dark Beast Ganon. When wielded by the hero, it fires arrows of pure light strong enough to oppose the Calamity." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "That energy covering Ganon's body is called Malice. None of your attacks will get through as he now is..." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I will hold the Malice back as much as I can, but my power is waning. Attack any glowing points that you see! May you be victorious!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Shoot a glowing area!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ganon's power is weakening!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm holding back the Malice!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hurry, Link!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm sorry. I can't hold it..." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "We're so close!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link! Look up there! That's the very core of Ganon's being! Do what you must, Link!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now, Link!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Destroy Ganon
Complete" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 Ganon, bestia delle tenebre" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 魔獣 ガノン" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 Ganon, créature maléfique" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 Demon-Ganon" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 Чудище Тьмы Ганон" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 Dämonenbestie Ganon" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "164 Ganon, bestia de las tinieblas" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)