Gohdan is a Boss in The Wind Waker. It is the guardian of the Tower of the Gods, and is the final test that Link must pass before being acknowledged as a hero worthy of wielding the Master Sword.
Habitat: Tower of the Gods
Habitat: Tower of the Gods
Gohdan uses its hands to push Link into the electric pits on the sides of the room. It can also perform a clapping move to strike Link from either side. After receiving some damage, Gohdan attacks using a series of exploding fireballs from its mouth.
To defeat it, Link must shoot at the eyes on both hands with his Bow, disabling them temporarily. After he shoots both hands, Gohdan's eyes become vulnerable to Arrows. After shooting both eyes, Gohdan crashes to the ground, where Link can then throw a Bomb into its mouth. Each time Gohdan is knocked down, its hands recover faster than before. If Link runs out of Arrows or Bombs during the fight, Gohdan will drop a bundle of them from its nostrils: however, this will also return to life either of the two hands that Link had deactivated thus far, bringing them back into the fight.
After three blasts to the mouth, Gohdan will admit defeat and declare Link the winner. Retreating into the wall from which it emerged, it dispenses a Heart Container to the hero as a final gift and grants him access to the roof of the tower, where Link rings a bell that causes a portal leading to Hyrule to open in the waves below.
- Even after Gohdan is defeated, its eyes can still be targeted by certain items and will flash red when struck.[verification needed]
- Because Gohdan will retreat into the wall once defeated, Link can still take a picture of it for the Nintendo Gallery Ffgurine, unlike other bosses that explode.
- Gohdan's head bears some similarity to Inca and pre-Inca masks and headdresses.
|Names in Other Regions|
|裁定者 ゴードン (Saitei-sha Gōdon) (TWW)||Arbiter Gohdan|
|Kuznar, l'arbitro (TWW)|
|Deus Probatur (TWW)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
Zant's Great Sea outfit, based off Gohdan
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker — Official Strategy Guide, BradyGames, pg. 93
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker — Official Strategy Guide, BradyGames, pg. 202
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 182
- ↑ "Kuznar, l'arbitro
Habitat: Torre degli Spiriti.
Vulnerabile: all'Arco." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "裁定者 ゴードン
有効武器 弓矢" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Quartoxuma
Heimat: Der Turm der Götter
Wirksame Waffe: Pfeil und Bogen" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Gordon
Lieu de résidence: Tour des Dieux.
Arme efficace: l'Arc." — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Deus Probatur
Hábitat: Torre de los Dioses
Arma efectiva: Arco" — Nintendo Gallery (The Wind Waker)