Levias, also known as The Great Spirit Levias, is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series. He is a wise, whale-like Sky Spirit who has served as the protector of the skies for ages and lives in the Thunderhead. Levias has a particular fondness for Pumpkin Soup, which Pumm always offered on a sky isle that had a perpetual rainbow above it, before the Thunderhead engulfed it.
Before the goddess Hylia transferred her soul into the body of a mortal, she appointed Levias as the guardian of the skies. She also left the Sky Spirit a hint as to the location of the Triforce, which was one of the four parts of the "Song of the Hero," a melody that would unlock the final trial for the chosen hero. However, at one point, Levias was corrupted by evil forces and became plagued with Bilocyte, who possessed the Sky Spirit and caused him to attack anyone who came near.
After learning of Levias from the Headmaster Gaepora, Link speaks to Owlan and learns that although Levias can be found in the Thunderhead, he has become possessed by Bilocyte and will not listen to reason. Owlan tells the hero to talk to Pumm, who makes annual Pumpkin Soup offerings to Levias. Link then places a basin of Pumpkin Soup on an island inside the Thunderhead to lure the Sky Spirit out of the sea of clouds and, with the aid of his Loftwing and the newly-learned technique Spiral Charge, removes the parasites. Upon the removal of the last visible parasite, a Bilocyte occupying Levias' blowhole emerges. Link removes this parasite as well, and upon hearing that Link was searching for the Triforce, Levias informs him that the four parts of the "Song of the Hero" are needed to find it. Levias then instructs Link to track down the three surface dragons, Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin, to learn their respective parts of the melody. Once he has done this, Levias imparts the final part of the "Song of the Hero" to Link.
Levias appears in the "Land in the Sky" Scenario in Hyrule Warriors. After Link finds Fi, he must protect her in order to deliver two batches of Pumpkin Soup to Levias, who in exchange pushes a mass of earth in order for the Warriors to reach new areas on the map. After meeting the Great Fairy, she gives another batch of Pumpkin Soup to Levias, who attacks Volga in order to weaken him.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
|#||Trophy||Appears in||Description||How to unlock|
|225||N/A||Skyward Sword||An ancient Sky Spirit who swims among the clouds. When he's possessed by a parasitic Bilocyte, this wise spirit turns into a violent beast. Link is forced to land on his colossal back an battle the fiends infesting him. Should our hero emerge victorious, Levias will once again be able to enjoy the sweet taste of pumpkin soup.||Random|
Levias' name is derived from Leviathan, a sea creature mentioned in Biblical texts. Fittingly, the modern Hebrew form of the word means "whale."
|Names in Other Regions|
|ナリシャ (Narisha) (SS | SSHD)|
|納利沙 (Nàlìshā) (SSHD)|
|纳利沙 (Nàlìshā) (SSHD)|
|Narisha (SS | HWDE)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Ah, so the Great Spirit of the Sky has shown up... Levias, you flying nuisance! Begone!" — Ghirahim (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- "Use this soup to convince Lord Levias to help! We'd do it, but we're a little...um...wounded..." — Skyloft Captain (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- "It certainly looks like Levias, but last time I approached him, he came rushing at me! And his eyes... They were full of malice." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 189
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 295
- "Surely you're familiar with Levias, the great sky spirit who has guarded our realm for ages? Levias has served as the protector of our skies for a long time, and his knowledge of our world is encyclopedic, to put it mildly." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "If I'm correct, Levias is the one inside the thunderhead. But...that's not the Levias that we all know. That's...a monster!" — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "Every year I offer him an entire basin full of my pumpkin soup! But lately a huge thunderhead has been brewing there, and I haven't yet made this year's offering. I tell you, I feel horrible about it!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "I am the great spirit they call Levias. Before she passed from this world so long ago, the goddess Hylia appointed me as warden of the skies." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, but the goddess did entrust me with a hint as to the Triforce's location. The clue is a song, meant to be played on the harp you hold. It is known as the Song of the Hero. The song is the key to revealing the secret location of the Triforce. The goddess split this song into four parts. She entrusted one part to me and the other three to the dragons of the land." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "When they've taught you what they know, come to me and I will complete the song with my own voice!" — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "L'aroma della zuppa di zucca ha fatto apparire Narisha!" — Battle Log (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- Hyrule Encyclopedia, Ambit Ltd., pg. 191
- Hyrule Historia, Les Éditions Soleil, pg. 38
- "Narisha rejoint le champ de bataille, attiré par l'odeur de la soupe !" — Battle Log (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- "Der Duft der Kürbissuppe hat Narisha angelockt!" — Battle Log (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- "¡Narisha ha aparecido, atraido por el olor de la sopa de calabaza!" — Battle Log (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- "L'odeur de la soupe de citrouille a fait sortir Narisha!" — Battle Log (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)