Breath of the Wild
Glowing Eyeballs can be found within large concentrations of Malice throughout Hyrule. When a Glowing Eyeball spots Link, it will spawn Cursed Bokoblins, Cursed Moblins, and Cursed Lizalfos if its Pool of Malice has a mouth. They can be destroyed by shooting them with an Arrow or exploding a Remote Bomb in their proximity. When this happens, the Pool of Malice that they are connected to will disappear.
During "The Spring of Wisdom" Shrine Quest, Naydra is shown to be covered in Glowing Eyeballs and Malice, which has transformed it into Malice Naydra. Link is tasked with freeing it, which involves destroying the Glowing Eyeballs along its body as it flies around Mount Lanayru.
After Link shoots the glowing spots on Dark Beast Ganon, a Glowing Eyeball that serves as the core of its being will appear on its head. When Link shoots this Glowing Eyeball, the battle against Dark Beast Ganon will end.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — The Complete Official Guide (Expanded Edition, 2018), Piggyback Interactive Limited, pg. 310
- "Part of the Malice swamp disappeared after the Eye of Malice's defeat!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You have done well to find your way to this spring. You who have overcome numerous trials and obtained the Spirit Orbs... The one you see before you is an attendant to the Spring of Wisdom. This is Naydra, the blue spirit of Lanayru. This servant of the Goddess has looked over the spirits of this land for ages, unknown to the world of man. However, the dreaded Malice unleashed by Calamity Ganon has possessed its body and reduced it to this state." — Goddess Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "You who have received the Spirit Orbs... Free Naydra from this Malice. Show what your power can achieve!" — Goddess Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link! Look up there! That's the very core of Ganon's being! Do what you must, Link!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Daher solltest du solchen Hass-Augen möglichst zuerst deine Aufmerksamkeit widmen, wenn sich welche blicken lassen." (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — The Complete Official Guide (Erweiterte Edition, 2018), Piggyback Interactive Limited, pg. 56)