The Bug-Catching Kid is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series.
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, the Bug-Catching Kid is a resident of Kakariko Village. He caught a cold from the evil air that has been coming down off Death Mountain. As a result, he has to stay in his bed until he recovers. Due to him not being able to go outside to play, the Bug-Catching Kid lends Link his Bug Catching Net until he feels better. During the ending credits, the Bug-Catching Kid recovers from his sickness and can be seen outside with his net.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, the Bug-Catching Kid can be found in the Kakariko Village stage. His house can only be accessed after the Links make the rain fall on the village. The boy will reward the Links with 250 Force Gems and tells them that his Bug Catching Net got burned up. During the ending credits, the Bug-Catching Kid is seen playing in the Lost Woods with his net.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Chasseur d'Insect||Bug Hunter|
|Il ragazzo della retina||The bug-catcher kid|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 148
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 62
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 228 (ALttP)
- ↑ "I can't go out 'cause I'm sick... Cough cough... People say I caught this cold from the evil air that is coming down off the mountain... Sniff sniff... This is my bug-catching net. I'll use it when I'm better, but for now, I'll lend it to you." — Bug-Catching Kid (A Link to the Past)
- ↑ "Cough cough... Did... Did you put out the fires? I'm always getting sick, and when those thugs started the fires...cough... I had to stay locked away in here for my health. I'd like to give you something for rescuing our village. There's a treasure buried in a pit in my yard. You'll get more out of it than I ever will. So cough...I want you to have it." — Bug-Catching Kid (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "My most special treasure, my bug catching net... It got burned up... It's so sad. I used to dream about going to the forest with it when I got better." — Bug-Catching Kid (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Il ragazzo della retina - Villaggio Kakariko" — Credits (A Link to the Past, Italian localization)
- ↑ Encyclopedia, TOKYOPOP, pg. 228
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Les Éditions Soleil, pg. 228