Malo is the son of Jaggle and Pergie, and brother of Talo. Like many other Ordonians, he has rounded ears instead of the typical pointed Hylian ears. Despite his infantile appearance, he is rather intelligent and entrepreneurial, though quick to making blunt comments.
After being rescued by Renado, Malo opens a shop in Kakariko Village, Malo Mart. There, he sells such wares as the Hylian Shield and, eventually, the Hawkeye. After completing the Goron Mines dungeon, some of the elders come down to ask for donations to repair the eastern bridge leading into Castle Town, totaling 1,000 Rupees. Once it is paid off, they want to raise another 2,000 Rupees for buying Chudley's Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium in Castle Town; however, that hefty sum can drop down to 200 Rupees if Link helps out Gor Liggs's son first, by dousing him with Hot Springwater. Once the Malo Mart Castle Branch has been set up in Castle Town, Link can buy the Magic Armor on sale for 598 Rupees, compared to its normal price of 100,000 Rupees. The other wares available in the Malo Mart Castle Branch (such as Arrows and Bombs) are also brought down to an affordable price.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|#||Trophy||Significant Games||Description||How to unlock|
|Twilight Princess||The brother of Ordon Village's "tough" kid, Talo. Malo is much more reserved than his troublemaker brother and is actually quite mature. This, combined with his almost babylike appearance, can make adults feel awkward. Despite his childlike looks, Malo becomes an esteemed businessman with his chain of Malo Marts.||Random|
|Sticker||Artwork from||Effect in The Subspace Emissary||Usable by|
|Twilight Princess||Launch Resistance +19||All|
My Nintendo Picross: Twilight Princess
The sixth puzzle in the Picross series and the thirteenth puzzle in the Mega Picross series depict Malo.
- The dolls lying on the second floor of his parents' house bear resemblance to Beedle, a recurring character from The Legend of Zelda series.
- When Link acquires and begins target practice with the Slingshot in front of the Ordon Village children, instead of shooting at the targets, he can shoot at the children, who will duck his shots. Malo, however, does not duck by bending at the knees and waist to avoid the shots, as Talo and Beth do; he instead lowers himself by bending backwards with his face looking skyward.
|Names in Other Regions|
Promotional artwork of Malo from Twilight Princess HD
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 276(TP)
- "Link! My boys Malo and Talo aren't giving you headaches, are they? If they are, you feel free to scold them anytime you like." — Pergie (Twilight Princess)
- "Hey... You can look at stuff, but don't you DARE just take things... That's MY valuable merchandise. You want it, you pay for it... I decided to take on this unmanned shop... Buy something... It helps the whole village if you... Maybe I can't become a hero...but I figure I can help people out with heroic business deals." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Those corrupt, prince-gouging shops in Castle Town are officially on notice! Soon they will rue!" — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Get off your high horse. Just show us." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Time is money. If you're done shopping, then quit wasting both..." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Unless your idea of fun is throwing arrows directly into the garbage, you should try out the Hawkeye in my shop. Trust me, you need it." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Phase One: Repair the broken bridge leading from west Castle Town to the field in order to improve traffic!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess)
- "Phase Two: Buy that Castle Town shop and sell products to the town at reduced prices! You have heard me right, Brudda! There is a problem, however... The finances for the execution of this glorious plan are...lacking! Please, Brudda! Offer some financial support to aid in the purchase of the Castle Town shop! For the benefit of the people!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess)