Large Bomb Bag
Large Bomb Bags,(SS) also known as Big Bomb Bags,(OoT | MM | OoS | TMC | ST)[name references needed] and the Better Bomb Bag,(OoA) are recurring Items in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Big Bomb Bag is an upgrade to the original Bomb Bag that increases its carrying capacity from 20 Bombs to 30. It can be obtained in one of the following manners:
- In Goron City, as child Link, use a Bomb to stop the Hot Rodder Goron's rolling while the Goron is inside the northern alcove. He will reward Link for his "courage" with the Big Bomb Bag.
- Win the Bombchu Bowling Alley Mini-Game while the Big Bomb Bag is the selected prize.
Whichever upgrade is acquired second will become the Biggest Bomb Bag.
In Majora's Mask, the location of the Big Bomb Bag depends on whether or not Link saves the Old Lady from the Bomb Shop from Sakon's attack in North Clock Town on the night of the First Day. If the Old Lady is saved, the Big Bomb Bag can then be purchased from the Bomb Shop for 90 Rupees. Otherwise, it will become available at the Curiosity Shop for 100 Rupees on the Final Day.
Although the Big Bomb Bag acts as an upgrade to the regular Bomb Bag, increasing its capacity from 20 Bombs to 30, it can be purchased without owning the Bomb Bag first.
Oracle of Seasons
The Big Bomb Bag in Oracle of Seasons can be purchased from Subrosia Market for 50 Ore Chunks and 10 Bombs. Despite its name, the Item is actually just a red Bomb that explodes all around Link as he holds it, magically increasing his Bomb-carrying capacity by 20.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, the Better Bomb Bag is an upgrade given to Link by a Fairy in present-day Talus Peaks, after he throws a Bomb into her pond and then answers her question truthfully. The upgrade is represented by several Bombs exploding all around Link, magically increasing his Bomb-carrying capacity by 20. The Fairy will also fill his Bomb Bag; however, it is unclear if this refers to an already-existing Bomb Bag, or one given to him by the Fairy.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Link can obtain three Big Bomb Bags in any order. Each one upgrades the Bomb-carrying capacity of his Bomb Bag; the first one to 30, the second to 50, and the third to 99. They can be found in the following locations:
- Purchased at Stockwell's Shop for 600 Rupees.
- Given to Link by the Great Mayfly Fairy, after he throws a Bomb into her Fountain and responds to her question truthfully.
- Inside a Chest in the Wind Ruins that appears after fusing Kinstones with Belari.
In Spirit Tracks, Link can obtain three Bomb Bags in any order. They are found at the following locations:
- Purchased at Beedle's Air Shop for 500 Rupees.
- Rewarded for beating the current record in the Race Minigame in Whittleton.
- Rewarded for completing Level 2 of the Take 'Em All On! Minigame.
Whichever Bomb Bag is the third to be collected will become the Big Bomb Bag, which allows Link to carry 30 Bombs.
In Skyward Sword, a Large Bomb Bag is a supplemental Bomb Bag that increases Link's Bomb-holding capacity by 15, as long as the Large Bomb Bag is stored in the Adventure Pouch.
A Large Bomb Bag can be created by Upgrading a Medium Bomb Bag at the Scrap Shop, at a cost of three Lizard Tails, four Jelly Blobs, two Bee Larva, one Golden Skull, and 100 Rupees. They can also be sold at the Item Check for 150 Rupees.
Cadence of Hyrule
|Names in Other Regions|
|大きなボム袋 (Ōkina Bomubukuro) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|Portabombe grande (OoT | OoT3D)||Big bomb-carrier|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ "You've upgraded to the Large Bomb Bag! It can hold 15 extra bombs. Carry it with you when you need extra firepower." — N/A (Skyward Sword HD)
- ↑ "You got the big bomb bag! This lets you carry up to 10 bombs and 10 bombchus!" — N/A (Cadence of Hyrule)
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 109
- ↑ "All right! I'll give you this in honor of your courage!" — Hot Rodder Goron (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- ↑ "You are an honest person. I'll increase the number of Bombs you can carry to reward you. Hee-yah!" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "You can now carry 30 Bombs. And I've filled your bag." — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 116
- ↑ "Hai ottenuto il portabombe grande!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shogakukan, pg. 147