A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Terrorpins will slowly close in on Link, dishing out damage just from contact. Basic forms of attack will not have much effect on them, but a pound of the Magic Hammer anywhere near them will cause them to flip onto their backs, revealing their weak underside and forcing them to become immobile. Their exposed belly is vulnerable to nearly any form of attack, but if they go undefeated, Terrorpins will hop onto their feet and chase after Link even faster. The shock wave from the Magic Hammer pound will also allow them to jump back onto their feet immediately if flipped. A Magic Hammer attack directly on top of them will instantly defeat them.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, Terrorpins appear in a variety of colors, as well as larger versions found in the Desert Temple. At Frozen Hyrule, the Links can play a minigame called Terrorpin Hockey where they have to flip over the Terrorpins and hit them to make Force Gems pop out.
In Phantom Hourglass, Terrorpins attack by spinning around and ramming into Link. They can only be defeated by slamming the ground near them with the Hammer, exposing their tender underbellies. After this, they can be defeated by use of any weapon.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, Terrorpins can be defeated by using the Hammer to flip them over and attacking them when they are vulnerable.
Tri Force Heroes
In Tri Force Heroes, Terrorpins are susceptible to being flipped over by the Magic Hammer. Some Terrorpins form Totems, appearing in stacks of up to three. Using the Magic Hammer on the nearby ground will break up the stack and flip over all the Terrorpins; alternatively, if the Links form a Totem of the same height and strike the top Terrorpin with the Magic Hammer, the entire stack will be defeated, producing a Red Rupee.
Ancient Stone Tablets
Terrorpin is a portmanteau of terror and Terrapin.
|Names in Other Regions
|パメット (Pametto) (ALttP)
|Pamet. From ヘルメット (helmet).
|Pinopanico (ALttP | ALBW)
|Possible anagram of Pincopanco ("Tweedledum")
|This table was generated using translation pages.
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Terrorpins forming a Totem from Tri Force Heroes
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 209 (ALttP | FSA | PH | ALBW | TFH)
- "Oopipi.... I've done it! I've created a gentlemen's game for Deku Scrubs. I call it... Terrorpin Hockey!" — Deku Scrub (Four Swords Adventures)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 209
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 25
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures—The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, Nintendo of America, pg. 72
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass—Prima Official Game Guide, Prima Games, pg. 27