Location and Uses
The Minish Cap
The Gust Jar can be found in the Deepwood Shrine. It can be used to suck in enemies and shoot them out, throw certain enemies off balance, absorb fire attacks, and remove fire scorching the ground. It can also pull hard-to-reach items towards Link, such as Mushrooms. The Gust Jar changes its color to indicate its power. Turning yellow indicates medium charge, while turning red indicates that it is at max power and air capacity.
The Gust Jar is also used for navigational purposes. While Minish-sized, Link can jump onto Lilies and use the Gust Jar to shoot bursts of Wind to the rear of the Lily to cross bodies of water. The Gust Jar is effective against air-based enemies, such as Lakitus and Peahats. It can also be used to defeat Puffstools. It is the key item needed to defeat the Big Green Chuchu in the Deepwood Shrine and the Big Blue Chuchu in the Temple of Droplets. It can also be use to save Gregal from the ghost in the Palace of Winds.
The Gust Bellows can found in the Lanayru Mining Facility in a large, sand-filled warehouse patrolled by Froaks. It can create a gust of wind used to reveal objects underneath piles of sand or the remains of non-hardened magma. It can also be used to blow away small enemies, making them vulnerable for a short period of time, and to expose enemy's weak points, such as the Armos. This depiction of the Gust Bellows matches the art style of the Ancient Robots and is used in conjunction with their technology.
After completing the Lanayru Mining Facility, the Gust Bellows can be used in a sidequest for Mallara, Pipit's mother, who asks Link to blow away all of the dust infesting the interior of her home. Upon doing so, he will receive a red Rupee and 5 Gratitude Crystals as a reward.
Tri Force Heroes
Gust Jars in Tri Force Heroes can be used to propel other Links across gaps too wide to be thrown across, as well as blow items and enemies away. They are necessary for many puzzles involving teamwork, such as when a Link needs to propel another's Bomb across a gap to hit Switches or enemies. Gust Jars can also blow out fires, stun enemies, and push certain foes off of elevated platforms.
Gust Jars first appear in the Den of Flames, in which two of the three Links acquire them. They reappear in the Fire Temple, Sealed Gateway, Bomb Storage (two Gust Jars), Training Ground, The Lady's Lair, Infinity Dunes (two Gust Jars), Stone Corridors, Gibdo Mausoleum, Palace Noir, Lone Labyrinth, Deception Castle, and Sky Temple (one Gust Jar per Stage). They also appear in the Scorching Zone, Fortified Zone, Desert Zone and Baneful Zone of the Den of Trials, as well as the Coliseum's Volcano, Fortress and The Ruins arenas.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
|#||Trophy||Appears in||Description||How to unlock|
|Skyward Sword||Unleash gale-force winds upon your foes to blow them far away. Unfortunately, it's just air, so it won't do any damage except maybe mess up their hair. Dropping or throwing it will cause it to spin around, blowing air everywhere. Don't blow yourself outta the fight!||Random|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
The Gust Bellows returns in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the same function as in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U. If the Gust Bellows is thrown, it will blast winds in all directions, affecting enemy Fighters. If the Gust Bellows is dropped against its holder's will, it will sit motionless.
- The Gust Jar from The Minish Cap was inspired by a gourd that could suck up anything in the 16th century Chinese novel, Journey to the West.
|Names in Other Regions|
|空気ツボ (Kūki Tsubo) (TFH)|
|魔法壶 (Mófǎ hú) (SSHD)||Magic Pot|
|Vase bourrasque (TFH)|
|Giara dei venti (TFH)|
|공기 항아리 (Gong-gi Hang-ali) (TFH)||Air Jar|
|Ánfora de aire (TFH)|
|Jarrón de aire (TFH)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "You got the Gust Bellows! It is an ancient and mystical device capable of blowing an endless gust of wind." — N/A (Skyward Sword HD)
- "Gust Bellows
Point this at an opponent and unleash a strong blast of wind at them. It won't do any damage - it's just wind - but it'll give them a pretty big push. If someone knowcks it out of your hands, though, it'll roll around, blowing wind every which way, so be careful or you might get blown away yourself!" — Gallery (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 126 (TMC | TFH)
- "You got the Gust Bellows! It is an ancient and mystical device capable of blowing an endless gust of wind." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "Ahh, Link. Welcome. So here's the thing, Link. My house is terribly dirty... Pipit is always telling me to do some dusting around here, but I just can't bring myself to do it. That's why I wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind cleaning it for me. I'll even pay you, Link." — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- "You will?! Great! I knew you wouldn't leave me to sit in this dusty house, Link. What's that? ... A broom? You know, I don't even remember where we keep the crazy thing... ...Or if we ever owned one... Most of the time I just wait for a good strong wind to come along and blow the dust away. So look, I don't really care how you get the job done--I just want you to blow it all away for me. So I'll just leave you to it, then!" — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 273
- "Hai ottenuto la giara dei venti!
Fai volare gli oggetti con !
Una ventata di aria fresca!" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
で色々ぶっとだせ！！" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Vous avez obtenu le souffle-vent !
Balayez tout sur votre passage
avec !" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- "获得了魔法壶！一种古代的神奇道具，能从中吹出强劲的风。" — N/A (Skyward Sword HD, Simplified Chinese localization)
- "¡Obtienes el ánfora de aire!
¡Golpea con aire lo que quieras
usando ! ¡Una brisa sensacional!" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Der Windkrug!
Drücke , um verschiedene
Dinge wegzupusten!" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- "공기 항아리를 획득했다!
로 이것저것 날려 버리자!!" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Vous avez obtenu un vase
bourrasque! Appuyez sur pour
déclencher une rafale de vent." — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- "¡Obtienes el jarrón de aire!
¡Golpea con aire lo que quieras
usando ! ¡Fresquito a tope!" — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)