Magic Jars,(OoT | MM | TWW) also known as Magical Decanters,(ALttP) are a recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series. They are used to replenish the Magic Meter, which is consumed while using certain magic items, attacks, and abilities. Magic Jars have a similar effect as Green Potions, but generally do not replenish as much Magic, are not sold in Shops, and are consumed on the spot instead of stored in Bottles. They are most commonly found by breaking Pots, cutting grass, or killing enemies.
Location and Uses
Magic Jars in The Adventure of Link appear in two colors. Blue Magic Jars which are often dropped by defeated enemies and recover a small portion of Magic Power, and Red Magic Jars which are usually hidden in certain areas of the overworld, or dropped from Dungeon statues when hit with the Sword. They recover all the Magic Power.
Green Magic Jars appear in A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker, appearing in two sizes. Small Jars refill a small portion of the Magic Meter, while big Jars refill the entire Magic Meter. They are known as Magical Decanters in A Link to the Past.
In The Wind Waker, big Magic Jars only refill a portion of the Magic Bar.
In Hyrule Warriors, big and small Magic Jars can be found by cutting grass, dropped by random enemies, or found in green Pots inside Keeps. Collecting these will fill up the character's Magic Gauge used to activate the Focus Spirit to unleash a buff on the characters for stronger attacks. Small Magic Jars fill 20% of the Magic Gauge and large Magic Jars will completely fill the Magic Gauge.
- In The Wind Waker, two jars similar to the Magic Jars can be found on the table in Link's House.
|Names in Other Regions|
|魔法坛 (Mófǎ tán) (OoT)|
|Magiekrug (HWDE)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 130 (ALttP | OoT | MM | TWW)
- ↑ "To refill your Magic Meter, find Magic Jars by defeating enemies, or looking under pots and bushes. [...] There are two type of Magic Jars: large and small. Large jars refill your Magic Meter completely." (Ocarina of Time manual, pg. 25)
- ↑ "Recovers Link's magic points. There are two, a red one and a blue one. The recovery power varies." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 45)
- ↑ "You can restore Magic Power, which is used to power different magic items, by finding Magical Decanters. These Magical Decanters come in two sizes, big and small. A big Decanter completely refills your magic meter, and a small one restores one eighth of your magic meter." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 27)
- ↑ "Hai ottenuto una giara magica!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- ↑ "Per ripristinare la barra magica usa una giara magica." — Great Fairy of Magic (Majora's Mask 3D, Italian localization)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 130
- ↑ The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 48
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 30
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 17
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shogakukan, pg. 152
- ↑ "Mit Magiekrügen füllst du deine Magieleiste auf." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- ↑ Ocarina of Time manual, iQue version, pg. 25
- Incomplete Hyrule Warriors sections
- Magic Restoring Items
- Items in The Adventure of Link
- Items in A Link to the Past
- Items in Ocarina of Time
- Items in Ocarina of Time 3D
- Items in Majora's Mask
- Items in Majora's Mask 3D
- Items in The Wind Waker
- Items in The Wind Waker HD
- Items in Hyrule Warriors
- Items in Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Items in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition